• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Low Speed fan switch

winty87

CEG'er
Not exactly sure where to put this, I figured its somewhat of a general mod so here goes. My low speed fan relay fuse just doesnt work and its 50 bucks to get one ordered plus whatever the dealership wants to sell it for so eff that. Reebs who I bought the car from said that some guys on here just wire in a switch so they can turn the fan on from inside the car whenever they want.

How do I do this? What gauge wire? Ya know lemme know, thanks guys.

Erik

Not exactly sure where to put this, I figured its somewhat of a general mod so here goes. My low speed fan relay fuse just doesnt work and its 50 bucks to get one ordered plus whatever the dealership wants to sell it for so eff that. Reebs who I bought the car from said that some guys on here just wire in a switch so they can turn the fan on from inside the car whenever they want.

How do I do this? What gauge wire? Ya know lemme know, thanks guys.

Erik

If it's a fuse... why don't you just replace it???? Plus the SVT fans don't run all the time, they only kick in when the engine temp gets over like 3/4 on the gauge, then they kick in till the engine temp drops down to about 1/2... Those fans probably work the same on the regular contours as well... assuming you have a contour that is... since you didn't specify that...

Back