• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Loss of vacuum under acceleration.

Soon as I hit the gas my vacuum drops to nothing recovers quickly but I can feel the engine lose power because of it. Is it because for whatever reason I'm not able to bring air in fast enough? I've been tracking vacuum leaks since i bought the car. Its funny as i fix them the car seems to run a little worse. I'm hoping when they did the tune on this thing it was running properly, one of the uim bolts were broke and the egr was missing a bolt.

thanks in advance
joel

Yeah I figured that but I'm seeing 25 to 0? But I do have an update I finally got a cel. Pulled codes p1409, p0175, p0175. I've put 1000 miles on the car before fixing the vacuum leaks with no cel. I fixed the few vacuum leaks I've found, changed the IAC. And then i get codes. Could it be possible the tune was based on crappy info. I'm wondering if my problem is the MAF. What should the real time info look like coming from the MAF. The sct had two different programs one fuel saver and another one. Well i switched to the one for better hp and it runs pretty good but won't idle.

It was dyno tuned. I found the results on here. But I wonder if it would be a good idea to have it looked at again. I will be replacing the MAF tonight though.

I thought the exact same thing. I unplugged the MAF and the car ran better without it. So i'm going to start there. The precats have been gutted and it has a Borla exhaust on it right now.

If it runs better with the MAF unplugged I'd suspect the tune/bad MAF. The car switches to a backup table when you unplug the MAF. The current MAF table is messed up or the MAF is reading incorrectly.

Can i use a 3.0 plastic MAF on my early SVT without messing up the tune if its not already? I have an extra MAF currently in my other SVT thats waiting on the 3.0 build but I also have a taurus one I'd like to try?

Back