• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for thermometer to match autometer phantom gauges

Heywood

Hard-core CEG'er
Not really a performance topic, but I have an empty slot in my A pillar pod and with it getting cold, decided a thermometer might be a cool thing to fill the space. Anyone know of anything that would match with the phantom gauge styling?
Autometer has a clock, but no thermometer. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Thanks for the link. I like the VDO but at over 100 bucks I think I agree with you.
I am too cheap to spring for a wideband A/F so maybe I'll get a EGT/Pyrometer to fill in the space.

what gauges do you already have? If i had to pick 3 for a Contour i would say oil pressure, coolant temp, and either volts/oil temp/or a scan gauge.

I have oil pressure and coolant temperature. I would like a wide band afr because the car has a custom tune which I think has it running on the lean side, but don't feel like dropping 400 for one at the moment.
My thought with the thermometer was just something cheap to throw in there until I feel like spending the cash on the A/F gauge because I haven't had much time for the car of late. The thermometers aren't really that cheap though so I'll probably just leave it empty for now.

There are new AEM wideband kits in 2&1/16" round gauge style all over evilBay for under $200, many have free shipping. Most of these are the units with the selection of gauge faces and bezels so you make them look almost identical to your Autometer Phantoms.

There are new AEM wideband kits in 2&1/16" round gauge style all over evilBay for under $200, many have free shipping. Most of these are the units with the selection of gauge faces and bezels so you make them look almost identical to your Autometer Phantoms.

Thanks for the heads up, I might go that route, I was checking them out a little today.

Back