• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for some motor mount help

bobzillatexas

New CEG'er
Howdy! I'm in the mid-cities area in Texas (For those that don't know, that's between Dallas and Ft. Worth). One of the Ford dealers here tells me that it will cost $1000 + to replace the mounts. The two primary mounts look ok and I think it's only the lower mounts or roll resistors that need to be replaced. I'm looking for anyone in the area who can help me confirm this and possible show me how to do the work myself.

Any help will be appreciated. Reply to this post or email me at bobxzillatexas@charter.net.

Thanks!

99 Contour Sport / Spruce Green / Bone stock but I love it!

Almost anybody even someone who doesn't work on cars could replace both of those mounts relatively easily, especially the rear one, the front one requires a little more fiddling with the mount to get it out and back in because of a tight fit but once they are out, you can send them to pole120(pm him) to have the mounts refilled with urethane and they'll be better than new. It's $100 for both to be filled including return shipping. But otherwise go to another shop and they can remove them for you for much less than the dealer, don't pay more than an hour's worth of labor for removal.

$1000!!!!!

You could have them out in a couple of hours with a jack and something to support the engine from the bottom.

then a basic socket set..

Pay no more than 1-2 hours of labor!!!

$1000!!!!!

You could have them out in a couple of hours with a jack and something to support the engine from the bottom.

then a basic socket set..

Pay no more than 1-2 hours of labor!!!

try like 30 minutes
a thousand bucks is retarded:nonono: id tell that dealership to blow me

I agree what everybody just said. Its not hard nor doesn't take that long to replace these mounts and $1,000.00 is ridiculous.

Part 2

Part 2

Anyone in the DFW area that could assist me with this? Also, once the mounts are out, can I drive the car while waiting for them to be refilled or do I need to get some already prepped?

Thanks!!

it would probably be able to drive but I definately would NOT recommend it. Just for fun when I had my mounts out(and shipped to pole120) I started the car and just gently revving the engine to 2-3k you could see the whole engine swaying like a swingset. Probably wouldn't be very affective putting power to the ground.

Back