• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for Rim Input

Donny717

CEG'er
Im looking to purchase a wheel and tire package this weekend for my SF/SVT. My question to you is would you go with 17 or 18 inch rims and what size tires. Rims are going to be black.

I would go with 17's personally if you do 18's make sure they are light.. as for tires 225/45/17 should be fine. as far as rim size and offset its all personal opinion. I just picked up a set of motegi mr125's in 17/7.5 with 42 offset from my brother in flat black on my sf sevt

i just got a set of Sparco Assetto Gara. 17x7, black, 17.9 lbs, 42mm offset. they look good on my SF SVT and the offset turned out to be perfect with my BAT suspension kit. black is almost imposible to keep clean, but when they are clean they look wicked mean.

edit: FYI, my tires are 225/45-17. only had them rub once so far when i had 3 people in the car and hit a big bump.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...se&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Weight

I was thinking a set of OZ Superleggras. I had a set before and regret selling them. A friend offerd me almost twice what i paid though. They were the lightest wheels i ever had.

Those are real nice rims I just personally don't like putting uber expensive wheels on a car that gets driven everyday lol..

good rims for the price I was thinking about getting them a little over a month ago but the wife got me a different set instead for anniversary

those look good. would be so hot on a black svt :)

they actually look better than i thought, the center piece scares me. i dont like how it goes in. but in your pictures you cant really tell.

can you get any better pictures?

the center cap comes out. might be able to fit the old SVT center caps in their place? i haven't tried yet.

wish i could post better quality pics, but forum limits to something like 95 kb or something? doesn't give you much space for high res/detailed pics.

the center cap comes out. might be able to fit the old SVT center caps in their place? i haven't tried yet.

wish i could post better quality pics, but forum limits to something like 95 kb or something? doesn't give you much space for high res/detailed pics.

upload them to a site like photobucket and then post the image tags here.

Back