• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for local help

warzardict

New CEG'er
Is there anyone near me that can help me get my CSVT up and runnin again, a few weeks ago my mechanic told me I needed a new engine, he suggested putting in a regular 2.5, but I want the SVT one. Is there anyone near the D.C area that can help me out?

Is there anyone near me that can help me get my CSVT up and runnin again, a few weeks ago my mechanic told me I needed a new engine, he suggested putting in a regular 2.5, but I want the SVT one. Is there anyone near the D.C area that can help me out?

elaborate on whats wrong with yours. Maybe it could be something very simple and we can help fix it?

Here's the run down, when I bought the car the guy who sold it to me had put a remote start on it. After a month or two sometimes it wouldn't start with the key or remote start. Put a new starter in, nothing changed. I used it as a delivery car and since I'm constantly moving and it wouldn't start from time to time, I just left it on most of the day. Crazy, I know. couple weeks later, it started overheating, took it to my mechanic, changed the thermostat, still overheated, found out the fans weren't working, after about a week of driving in the red. I got another mechanic who found out there was a short in the fans, changed em again. Still overheating. Took it back to the same mechanic, and was told that a head gasket could be damaged. Then I got the head gaskets fixed, polished etc. and everything was fine, however after a while I noticed that everytime I checked my oil it was really low, but I have no leaks anywhere I park the car. My mechanic thinks that I 'm not keeping up on the fluids, but I know that I shouldn't have to add a quart of oil a week to any properly running car plus everytime I made a sharp turn the oil light would come on, which kinda indicated that the oil was low, I'd add some but after about 3 or 4 days the light comes on when I turn again. Then about a month ago, it started making a clicking sound like when you spin a spinner on a board game. it was faint but I could hear it. Then one day the oil light just starts coming on while I'm driving, flickering in and out, I stop to add oil, and then that clicking sound became a loud knocking noise that sounds like its coming from the bottom of the engine, plus the car acts as if it has no power, I haven't changed the alternator since I've owned it, so that might have given out at the same time. I manage to get near home, but when I downshifted to stop, the car cuts off, eventually I get the car back to my mechanic who after about 10 minutes of trying to jump it to get it on, gets it started, hears the knocking noise and tells me I need a new engine. Any thoughts? Sorry for the long post, but I thought some back story of the problem might be of use.

Classic issue: Rod knock.

Basically, if you keep running the car, the motor will end up with no oil pan and one of the rods will be on the road. Which is not good.

So yes, it sounds like you'll need a new motor. Not knowing your specs, mileage being a big one, you could just source out an SVT 2.5L and swap it out, OR start looking up on 3L builds. There is a member on here, DanG, whom I have no talked to/seen in awhile. He can do motor swaps really good. Or check the classifieds, good place to get parts/motor if someone is selling one.

I'm not exactly sure on what your intentions are and how your work is. If this is a do-able "park-it and make it a project" car...you could get a really nice car when it's all done.

let me know if I missed anything or you don't understand something. I just finished my 3L not too long ago, so it's all fresh in my head still

New help needed

New help needed

I'm in the process of aquirring an engine, however I have a new problem. My mechanic wants $1100 for the labor, and others I've talked to want anywhere from $900 to $2200 for the labor. I know replacing an engine isn't cheap, but when they tell me want $1500 or $2200 dollars with half up front before they touch it makes me laugh, but still leaves me with this problem: getting it installed. Is there anyone near the D.C. area that can install an engine for at a rate that's resonable or affordable?

try to get in touch with DanG. He does swaps in that area. Although, I have NO IDEA what he has been up to lately. Last i heard, he was playing around with a 502 I think. I wish I was a little bit closer, I would help out. :/

I could let go of my SVT for cheap. It moves fine but the clutch doesn't have much life left. Hit my up in PM.
-Andy

try to get in touch with DanG. He does swaps in that area. Although, I have NO IDEA what he has been up to lately. Last i heard, he was playing around with a 502 I think. I wish I was a little bit closer, I would help out. :/

Will do, and thanks man.

Back