• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Login is a 2 step process, is it for anyone else?

FavoriteMystaque

Hard-core CEG'er
When I logged in tonight, I had to login to the old page and then I had to login to here. My "username" to login before was different than my name here. I later tried using my screen name and logged in fine to Vbulletin with the same old password as before. Maybe that will prevent CEG'ers from logging in, maybe not:confused: Otherwise, the new site is efficient and off to a good start:cool:

Lance stated before the change that whatever your screen name was by Aug. 18th would become your permanent login name here.

I imagine it's going to have to be that way since they depend on separate databases to access the information and would be difficult to amend.
original post about handles

Really there's little point to logging in on the other forums now unless you want to view the last read topics (which will eventually all become just "read") or read your PMs or saved topics. The search and other features work fine without logging in.

My old password didn't work on this site, so I had to go through the process of getting a new password e-mailed to me and then changing it. Otherwise, this new site is off to a good start. :)

I imagine it's going to have to be that way since they depend on separate databases to access the information and would be difficult to amend.
original post about handles

Really there's little point to logging in on the other forums now unless you want to view the last read topics (which will eventually all become just "read") or read your PMs or saved topics. The search and other features work fine without logging in.

I'm wondering how to get directly to the old forums from the main site. By clicking the forums link you get sent here to the new vbulletin site. Is there a link to the old forums somewhere that I'm not seeing.

I can't find a link at all! The archives link on the old page gives the really old archives from 2002. The new archives gives this Vbulletin site. The only way I can get to the old site is to link from a favorite site bookmark, then I can look at everything! This link will work http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat= Is there an easy way to avoid logging in twice?

I can't find a link at all! The archives link on the old page gives the really old archives from 2002. The new archives gives this Vbulletin site. The only way I can get to the old site is to link from a favorite site bookmark, then I can look at everything! This link will work http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat= Is there an easy way to avoid logging in twice?

Same here. I've got PM's that have info in them that I'd like to retrieve. When I use the above link, it won't let me access my PM's. Any answers yet?

Not sure about the issues you guys are having but I managed to log in on the old site under the old login name and password to access my old home page.

My old password didn't work on this site, so I had to go through the process of getting a new password e-mailed to me and then changing it. Otherwise, this new site is off to a good start. :)

Me too, only, after changing my password to what I used on the old site, it STILL won't work! I had to have my password changed again, which gives me an 8-digit number to try and memorize.

Mark

When I logged in tonight, I had to login to the old page and then I had to login to here. My "username" to login before was different than my name here. I later tried using my screen name and logged in fine to Vbulletin with the same old password as before. Maybe that will prevent CEG'ers from logging in, maybe not:confused: Otherwise, the new site is efficient and off to a good start:cool:

this is what i had to do to get in!

Back