• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Tuners

99 svt

CEG'er
I want to get my SVT tuned, but don't know the best place, or any place really, to get it done. I figured a thread where people can post where they recommend to go, or not go, would help a lot of people out.

To be more specific, I'm talking dyno-tuned. I know there are pre-tuned chips you can get that get you close to where you should be. A final dyno-tune is the best way to go.

Brenspeed.com or have Tom (warmonger) from this website tune it for you.

EDIT: nm then. These are mail order tunes.

Btw, is your car that svt with the custom red paint?

Last edited:
That is me, I bought the car then found the forum on it. So far its doing fine, but I want to get it properly tuned soon.

The boost was 8psi, which killed the 2.5. Now with the 3.0l, which flows more air, I am not sure what I am running. The guy I bought it from said it was about 4psi. He had lost the dyno sheets, but said it was only a mild tune to allow for a good engine break-in time. I've got a smaller polley for the SC, but are the vortech's bearings good enough to support the extra speed? I'd rather sell the SC kit and put a turbo on it.

The boost was 8psi, which killed the 2.5. Now with the 3.0l, which flows more air, I am not sure what I am running. The guy I bought it from said it was about 4psi. He had lost the dyno sheets, but said it was only a mild tune to allow for a good engine break-in time. I've got a smaller polley for the SC, but are the vortech's bearings good enough to support the extra speed? I'd rather sell the SC kit and put a turbo on it.

unless you have the revised kit or the upgraded knukoncepts shaft, the vortech carries a 100% failure rate.

How do I tell if it is the revised kit? It was bought late 2003/early 2004 I believe. How long do they normally last, what goes wrong with them, and is it preventable/fixable?

Okay, there were actually 2 revisions. The first design and 1st redesign still fail. The shaft actually just wears the teeth until the splines dont interlock anymore. I guess there is some play within the shaft. I remember seeing some pics of the 2nd revision, and from what i remember, its very close to the design of knukoncepts aftermarket vortech shaft.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...d=allposts&Main=256308&Search=true#Post256308

Back