• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LMRC throttle cable broke need advice

dankusman

New CEG'er
Hi so i have a 98 svt contour and i just recently did uim lim rebuild everything want fine but i just noticed that the throttle cable for lmrc broke. So my question is can i replace just the throttle cable or do i have to replace the whole unit, and if i do have to replace the whole unit does it have to be for svt contour or can it come out of a none svt contour with the 2.5 duretec in it thanks.

Hi so i have a 98 svt contour and i just recently did uim lim rebuild everything want fine but i just noticed that the throttle cable for lmrc broke. So my question is can i replace just the throttle cable or do i have to replace the whole unit, and if i do have to replace the whole unit does it have to be for svt contour or can it come out of a none svt contour with the 2.5 duretec in it thanks.

You probably would have to replace the whole unit. Think the SVT units are the same as the non SVT units.

You probably would have to replace the whole unit. Think the SVT units are the same as the non SVT units.

Yes they are all the same.

To the OP. You might be able to change out the cable. Find someone that has a bad IMRC unit with a good cable. Generally the whole unit gets replaced when there is an issue. I suppose getting some cable from a bike and making a new cable might work also.

Thanks for the reply br i ended going to the junkyard and pulling a lmrc out of one of the contours in the yard after i knew it could come out of non svt contour

Off of topic i have a leaky power steering pump and i have been looking around for one. Now are the power steering pumps the same for svt and the non svt contours

Off of topic i have a leaky power steering pump and i have been looking around for one. Now are the power steering pumps the same for svt and the non svt contours

I do believe so. However I have never directly compared them side by side. Well .... I never noted a difference looking at my SE and SVT engine bay.

Back