• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lincoln LS 3l V6 - anyone used this in an engine swap vs Taurus?

tomc3

New CEG'er
I may have a donor car/engine to use.....it should bolt in, but wanted to see if anyone had done this engine before - it has variable valve timing (engine from a 2003) and other enhancements (drive-by-wire..not exactly sure how I'd get that to work!) that may make this swap a bit trickier than a Taurus. Could I swap computers? Or would that be a ginormous headache......engine has 230HP, though...

advice? flames?

suppose I could go balls out and take engine/trans and do a RWD swap, oh yeah! take complete engine/trans/rearend into the contour....contour is a '98 that is RIP (230K and #@%$# wiring harness issues, plus was using oil pretty badly - parked for awhile now)

Thanks

Tom C3

Your ECU can't control the VVT so you won't get a 230hp motor it will run like a 200hp taurus motor with VVT disabled. Also the heads are different so there could be major issues bolting parts up. Nobody to my knowledge has done it and posted about it.

M!key had Terry Heins swap a Lincoln LS 3L into his pre98 contour. It was 90% complete but this was also a non VVT LS 3L from what I remember. That car never got finished and ended up somewhere in Michigan. Could have been parted out or maybe it is still sitting somewhere. That was probably 7-8 years ago now.

Back