• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Light marker mod

My side markers don't have any resistors/diodes :confused:

-off when lights are off
-dim when parking light is on
-bright blink goes opposite of factory blinkers

how many wires come off the side markers? The audi markers only have two wires, a power and ground. so to make them work as parking and blinkers they need the resister to make them dim for running lights and then the diode prevents the power from the runing light to back feed the turn signal. So when the turn signal is active it will blink full bright.

I believe mine are 2 wire..... It's been almost 9 years since I installed them so I don't quite remember and one bulb finally burned out :blackeye:.

See, when my blinker is full bright my sidemarker turns off, then when the blinker goes dim my sidemarker goes full bright. Then when no blinker is activated but the parking light is on, the sidemarker is on dim.

sounds like you have a specific lap that can do that. the audi markers are just a lens and bulb. As I recall with the setup that I have the bulb never turns off, it just gets brighter with the turn signal.

hmmmm, now I gotta check. These were just some cheap-o autozone ones that I bought and was thinking about replacing soon. I pulled some lights off a Lancer and was going to use those, but I'm not sure of the lighting sequence they will have.

I had purchased the correct resistor one time when I was back in ny visiting for a weekend. Years back I worked for a company who manufactured and assembled the led boards for turning signals and other marker lights for semi trucks. They run a little electronics store in town. That is where I picked them up, I am heading up in june. I'll run by and pick up a hand full, they weren't to bad.

Back