• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lets try this AGAIN

HoustonLX

CEG'er
Previous attempts at a gathering/cruise to Galveston obviously failed. I'll addmit I was partially to blame. My summer days were more occupied than I expected with the twins being born in May and I really didn't do squat the entire time. Now things are getting better and...well....I just need to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! Plus I have really let the CSVT get bad and am looking for an excuse (yes, I need one) to wash it.

That being said, anyone up for a cruise to Galveston? I figure it might start to cool down some what (from 90's to 80's atleast) by the end of September and may actually start to feel nice outside again.

So how does Sept 26 or 27 sound to anyone?

Previous attempts at a gathering/cruise to Galveston obviously failed. I'll addmit I was partially to blame. My summer days were more occupied than I expected with the twins being born in May and I really didn't do squat the entire time. Now things are getting better and...well....I just need to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! Plus I have really let the CSVT get bad and am looking for an excuse (yes, I need one) to wash it.

That being said, anyone up for a cruise to Galveston? I figure it might start to cool down some what (from 90's to 80's atleast) by the end of September and may actually start to feel nice outside again.

So how does Sept 26 or 27 sound to anyone?

Houston LX,

I'm in as long as it's on a Sat or Sun. Actual day/date for me is flexible.

I suggest you wait at least one week for responses (many people are not online here everyday) and then pick the date that works best for everyone and lock it up. This will insure that it happens and latecomers can make plans as needed.

I think we will end up with a very diverse group which is good. Myself , I'm probably the grandpa of the bunch. Bought my first car when I turned 16 years old and gasoline was about 50 cents a gallon, hint, hint

So as of now we have two cars confirmed:
HoustonLX
Silver Bullet
who's next?

I would love to go, but now just is NOT a time for me.

a divorce, child custody hearings and paying for two places at once is killing me.

Hell, I haven't driven my car in 5 months.

Last edited:
I would love to go, but now just is NOT a time for me.

a divorce, child custody hearings and paying for two places at once is killing me.

Hell, I haven't driven my car in 5 months.

Ray,

Sounds like you really need the break and to get away. I've been in your shoes a few years back and feel for you.

Humble to Galveston roundtrip ~140 miles, ~ 7 gallons = $30 for gas + lunch (I'm assuming we will be eating somewhere in Galveston)

I'm not rich by any means but willing to help out a fellow CEG'er in need. So $10 gas donation from me or lunch & drinks whichever is needed, maybe some others can chip in and we can make the trip possible for you. You seem to be part of the glue that holds this site together and keeps it going. Wouldn't be right if you were sitting at home only because of gas.

As always, I'm deeply moved by the generosity I see in this site.. Its the reason we ARE who we are.

However, I (as always) simply cannot accept. I am thoroughly appreciative, but it isn't just gas.. Its life, right now. I'll see what I can do to be able to go, but I just can't commit to going for sure.

You're a class act, man..

Well, GCT or no GCT, I'm still voicing my vote for the 18th/19th of October. I still have help on the way to get the T-Red streetable, and that way I could drive it down for the meet. I already have tentative replacement plans for the GCT weekend...and they involve getting to see a Veyron first-hand. :drool: I'm not missing that for anything!

Well from the looks of Galveston it will be a will before we see Galveston again. I'm still in Irving Tx because Baytown has no lights or water and it look like a war zone.

Likewise.. I'm in Austin.. Humble has no power, no water, and when I left my complex was on fire..
:blackeye:

I think I'll be skipping any meets for a while.. if my car isn't melted in the garage anyway..

Hahaha yeah it is dead/delayed. No telling when anyone will even be allowed back on to Galveston. Any cruise is deffinately postponed. At thins point, I would be happy just to get power back on at my house. About to go on 1 full week with no end in sight.

No kidding. Buying gas for the generator is getting to be a pain. My zip code is listed for sometime after Monday. I hope we get lucky and get it restored before that. But, with the decent weather we've been having, I'm only missing cable tv and internet. But humidity is creeping back up and I will need a/c shortly. I have to try to get online here at work and I'm stuck watching regular channels with rabbit ears. At least I get over the air HD.

Another meet bites the dust...lol

I swear, if and when I get another 'tour or 'stique, I will personally drive to you guy's houses and chloroform the lot of you. When you wake back up you'll be hurtling down Lime Creek road in your car following me! lol

I see it took a thread about a 12 year old Tranny to revive you on these forums...

welcome back!
:) :) :) :D :D :D :D

I see it took a thread about a 12 year old Tranny to revive you on these forums...

welcome back!
:) :) :) :D :D :D :D

Nice to be back! I thought, oh, I'll leave em alone for a bit and then come back and see what has changed....I almost don't recognize the place!

Yeah, I find it's more interesting when I pop up less often! lol

I think you're more interesting when you don't pop up as often, too.

You should call me. We can catch up, man.

Back