• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lets talk Flanges

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok i just recieved a custom cat-back but i need a 2 bolt flange this one is 3 bolt..So i guess i'll buy a new flex and 2 bolt flange..

My question is, is there a differece between 2 bolt flanges other than Diameter
This will need to bolt up to my MSDS y-pipe.
Ive checked Jegs and Summit..I got kinda lost..Are these all the same or what?..
Does someone have a link to the proper flange..This will need to be a 3" Diameter.

If it is a true cat-back it will bolt up after the main cat, which means what flange is on your y-pipe/flex pipe makes no difference.

The 2-bolt flange does not use a flex pipe. It pivots at the flange and has 2 spring loaded bolts to keep enough pressure on it to keep from leaking.

The main cat will be different from one to the other though. Your best bet is probably to take your stock exhaust and use the flange off of that.

Or, shoot some pics of what you have and tell us a little more about what you plan to do.

If it is a true cat-back it will bolt up after the main cat, which means what flange is on your y-pipe/flex pipe makes no difference.

The 2-bolt flange does not use a flex pipe. It pivots at the flange and has 2 spring loaded bolts to keep enough pressure on it to keep from leaking.

The main cat will be different from one to the other though. Your best bet is probably to take your stock exhaust and use the flange off of that.

Or, shoot some pics of what you have and tell us a little more about what you plan to do.

Thanks for everyones help..I talked to Tru-bendz todat and there custom making me a piece

Back