• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

leather cleaner

elraido

I kant speel
Ok, the only stuff that I have really tried before on leather is Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner. Now that I have run out of it, I am leaning towards another type of cleaner/conditioner. What stuff do you use and why do you like it? I think I am leaning towards Zanio just because I hear a lot of their stuff is good, and their leather products are not too expensive.

I have not tried Zymol, but I've tried Blue Magic and Lexol cleaners. My favorite is Mothers, as I feel it cleans better. And likewise I prefer the Mothers conditioner. Unfortunatley the Mothers Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner can be a little tough to find in the stores as the major retailers don't carry it.

from the recomended products post in the detailing stickie ...

Leather
28.8% Zaino Z-9 & Z-10
20.3% Four Star Cleaner & Conditioner
15.2% Lexol Cleamer & Conditioner
6.8% Einszett 1Z Leather Care
6.8% Leatherique

needless to say I have been happy with the Zaino cleaner and conditioner. It not only smells like leather but it doesn't leave the surfaces slippery or shiny .... just nice and clean

needless to say I have been happy with the Zaino cleaner and conditioner. It not only smells like leather but it doesn't leave the surfaces slippery or shiny .... just nice and clean
agreed
I've even used the cleaner on my leather couches at home a couple times (when I was out of the couch products).
I say go with the Zaino cleaner and conditioner.

I've had good success w/ Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Recently I have switched to Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner/conditioner in spray form. It' s simple to use (spray, wipe, done), easy to find (Walmart, Autozone,...) and it's cheap (<$10). I avoid any gel products, as some product always dries in the perforated leather and you're left w/ little white spots that need to be cleaned out w/ a tooth pic (been there, done that:nonono:).

I've had good success w/ Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Recently I have switched to Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner/conditioner in spray form. It' s simple to use (spray, wipe, done), easy to find (Walmart, Autozone,...) and it's cheap (<$10). I avoid any gel products, as some product always dries in the perforated leather and you're left w/ little white spots that need to be cleaned out w/ a tooth pic (been there, done that:nonono:).

happened to me with meguiars this last time after I ran out of zymol.

I love the Zaino Leather Cleaner and the Leather Cream -- definately get both products if you can afford them - plus they smell heavenly!

My vote goes to Zaino. I used Meguiars in the past but it doesn't even compare to Zaino. Plus the scent will win anyone over.

I am a Zymol fan. I've tried others and nothing worked better for me, and are either more of a hassle to buy or use.

Lexol is horrible to use, though the results are good. The cleaner is thick, and the conditioner comes in a spray. Unless you are extremely careful, you end up with a gooey mess to clean up.

I use the Meguiar's gel on my convertible top, but won't use it on leather.

Every few months I use all-purpose-cleaner (APC), cut down with water and a gentle brush to work it in, then Meguiars conditioner in the bottle. 6 years and 70k, outside all day in the sun and the seats look like new.

use a mild cleaner like Lysol, pine-sole, Mr clean with 50/50 water. works wonders. then i glob on lexol and it sucks it all up.

Every few months I use all-purpose-cleaner (APC), cut down with water and a gentle brush to work it in, then Meguiars conditioner in the bottle. 6 years and 70k, outside all day in the sun and the seats look like new.

Yikes, what am I saying??? I meant to say Woolite, not APC. Hope no one read this and ruined their seats. :help:

I've had great success with Tattersall. After years of farting around with products that really didn't deliver, the woman who sells me my cowboy boots turned me on to this -- its a horsey product designed for leather. I bought the natural sponge to go with it -- it works beautifully. It works up to a nice lather, but comes off easily and leaves seats soft and clean, with no harsh chemicals and no excess elbow grease.

I bought mine through a horsey website called www.bitofbritain.com.

Specifically, this link should bring you right to the ordering page: http://www.bitofbritain.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=0207

0207-2.jpg

Yikes, what am I saying??? I meant to say Woolite, not APC. Hope no one read this and ruined their seats. :help:

After reading this I was excited to see someone using the Detailer Line products on CEG, but I never thought to use that myself. I doubt APC would do any damage when diluted correctly (10:1 for general cleaning), but with any product, it's always good to test it in an inconspicous location if you're not sure how it will perform.

Back