• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Last tunning question

acontour

CEG'er
Hello everyone.
So i've installed an AEM A/F gauge(before the CAT) and I'm running rich. I decided to get a Xcal3 and go with the data logging .

Any good tunners out there that work on Contours. I called a local dyno tunning shop and they kept saying that they will call me back ..I gave them the PCM code and they seemed like they don't know or want to work on a Ford Contour.

I think I'm going to go with VMP tunning.. :http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=catalog&parent=66&pg=1

They want $400 and that comes with 3 custom tunes. Not bad.
Any opinions?
Thanks

More info:
1997 ,Ford Contour ,2.0L,Zetec , 16V,DOHC,Vin 3 ,PCM code #APA1 ,5-speed (MTX-75 transmission)

I have made the following modifications:

Upped the compression to 12.5.1 from 9.6 by using 85mm pistons. Stock is 84.8mm
Long tube headers with universal high-flow cat and magnaflow muffler. O2 sensor are still functional . One is before the cat and one after.
Short-Ram air intake
Stock MAF sensor
24 lbs injectors (stock are 17lbs)
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator. (set to 42 PSi idle and around 50 at Woot)
Fuel system has a return line. (stock)
Stock fuel pump
Stock crankshaft
170 degree thermostat (stock is 192)

My car is currently showing a Rich code and is running rich. I would also like to have the Fan setting changed to a lower setting. Low is about 214F and high about 240F. I was thinking 205 for Low and 214 for High. The car will mostly run on a 91 octane and be used for daily driving

Back