• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Last Driver's School of the Year!!!

GrooveNerd

CEG'er
Near The People's Republic of Portland, OR
Alright y'all. You've put it off long enough (as have I -- this year!). It's time to get your fine-handling automobile out and play with it the way Ford intended for you to!

Cascade Sports Car Club Driver's School at PIR in Portland, OR
October 19-20

Openings as of 9/25/06 - 6:30pm

Novice Driver Training - 20 Slots - 18 Open

http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/training.asp

Here is the perfect opportunity to find out just how well your car handles, and how you can handle it better, in a safe and fun environment. There is a night classroom session on Thursday, then you're at the track all day on Friday havin' fun! You know you want to see just how well those suspension upgrades, sticky low-profile tires, tuned engines etc. really work together! :cool:

To quote myself from a post about this last year...

...gas pedal on the floor down the front straight in fourth gear. GO! GO! GO! now just under redline - MAN these cars sound SWEET when they're wound-up! okay - turn coming - no time for fifth. heel-and-toe get ready - NOW! on the brakes! blip gas - downshift! threshold braking - steady wheel. blip again and into second. ABS kicks in for a split-second. steer right and ease off brakes. tires squealing on the edge of adhesion. slight throttle input. steady. more throttle and slight straightening of steering wheel. steady. a little more throttle. another right-hander. ease up on the throttle and steer right with a touch of left-foot braking to bring the rear of the car around. tires emit another joyful cry. slowly back on the gas and gently unwind the steering wheel. car's about straight - NOW! HARD on the throttle! GO! GO! GO!...

Now wipe that drool off'n yer keyboard'n go sign yerself up! Your car will thank you. ;)

Besides, where else can you go through a tank of gas in a few hours and get around 9MPG?!? :D

Marty

Marty, is there a (last?) track day coming up when you'll have your car on the road course? If so, what do they charge spectators to get in?

The last school that Cascade Sports Car Club is having is this Friday. I'm not sure if I'm going or not yet -- I'm waiting to hear if a friend of mine got signed up or not.

As for cost to watch, the last time a friend of mine came to visit they didn't charge anything for him to get in, so hopefully they still don't.

Marty

I might/might not be too busy to make it there during Friday, but keep us posted if you do go, I'd like to watch one of these cars on a road course.

Also, it looks like from PIR's website that there are no drags this coming Saturday nite 10/21 but there are on Friday 10/20...

One of Cobra Pat's friends went to the track the weekend before this past one and his comments:

"Oh, PIR last weekend was a zoo… Ten second Rob went and said that it took 1.5 hours to get in the gate… His pictures (see link below) showed that both sides of the track were completely full…"

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/racefan_2006/PIR/

One of Cobra Pat's friends went to the track the weekend before this past one and his comments:

"Oh, PIR last weekend was a zoo… Ten second Rob went and said that it took 1.5 hours to get in the gate… His pictures (see link below) showed that both sides of the track were completely full…"

Yeah, I went to that and it was friggin' nuts! It took me around 45min to get in, and there were still people coming in after 10-11pm! Ran into GRN99SVT and a CSVT-owning friend of his there too! One of the security dudes said there were ads announcing a gate-opening time of 5, when it was actually 6. Oops. There was traffic lined clear up the northbound I-5 offramp, and it looked like it was onto the freeway on the southbound side! Surface streets were jacked-up too.

Cascade is having an 8-hour enduro race this Saturday, so that's probably why there are no drags that night. You can come out and watch their race though! There is practice in the morning, and the actual race goes from noon to 8pm. Spectator entry is probably $6-8/person -- I checked the newsletter but it doesn't say.

Marty

Back