• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Laguna Seca - US Sports Car Invitational May 18, 19 & 20

Fmr12B

Hard-core CEG'er
Anybody up for another weekend of racing?

Tickets including Paddock pass are $20 - $30 per ticket good for the whole weekend!

Here is the schedule of events:
http://www.laguna-seca.com/Events/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Schedule&EventID=19

More than just the on-track excitement of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, KONI Challenge, and SCCA Mazda MX-5 Cup surround the U.S. Sports Car Invitational delivered by Luggage Express May 18-20 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Activities for all ages abound during the opening weekend of the world famous facility’s 50th Anniversary season.
Waving the green flag on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca's 50th Anniversary season is U.S. Sports Car Invitational delivered by Luggage Express May 18-20, starring the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal Special Reserve, featuring wheel-to-wheel and fender-bending action of more than 50 Daytona Prototypes and GT sports cars. Watch established stars like Scott Pruett, Jorg Bergmeister, Christian Fittipaldi and up-and-comers like 18-year-old Colin Braun battle for the win.
If that isn't enough, the Grand-Am KONI Challenge series is a proving ground for nearly 60 production based sportscars, and the 2007 SCCA SIRIUS Satellite Radio Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by Hankook provides spec Mazda MX-5 action.
The Grand American Road Racing Association was established in 1999 to return stability to major league sports car road racing in North America. As the organization begins its eighth season of competition in 2007, Grand American is universally regarded as one of the world’s fastest-growing motorsports organizations.

Any of you guys coming, be sure to stick around for the Koni Challenge GS race and cheer us on . . . We will have 4 Mustangs running this weekend, the #52 Piloti sponsored "Shoe" car, the #59 Grabber orange car sponsored by Roush Performance Parts and Piloti and the #150 and #154 cars owned/sponsored by Jim Click Racing.

Team info is here:

www.rehagenracing.com

http://blog.themustangsource.com/

And if you get paddock passes, be sure to drop by our paddock spot and say hello.

I think on saturday I have to be back by like 6ish, sunday I can be there all day. And I am down for what ever time in the morning. Chris, what did you have in mind?

Last edited:
Any of you guys coming, be sure to stick around for the Koni Challenge GS race and cheer us on . . . We will have 4 Mustangs running this weekend, the #52 Piloti sponsored "Shoe" car, the #59 Grabber orange car sponsored by Roush Performance Parts and Piloti and the #150 and #154 cars owned/sponsored by Jim Click Racing.

Just keep it on track so I don't have to come pull you out of the gravel. I'll be on one of the SCCA Tow Crews for the weekend.

L8
Scott

I will prob be stuck on the truck for the most part. I just checked the schedule and there is only a 45 min lunch break so that means I will have about 30 min to eat and what not. There is always a few minutes between races so if you are around turn 5 or 11 that is where we station the trucks at, I will be at one or the other.

The racing starts at 8 am both Sat and Sun so be there early. The MX5 cup is always fun to watch. Check out the whole schedule at www.laguna-seca.com

dang that sounds like fun, but we're getting all our camping stuff ready this weekend for camping next weekend near Shasta...

if anyone wants to go camping during Memorial Day weekend near Shasta Lake - let me know!

Todd, will there be a boat involved? If so I may have to invite myself as I have no plans.

How long is it going to take you to pack? can't you do it all on saturday or sunday, and go to the races the other day? there is also AMA superbike racing at sears point this weekend too

Todd, will there be a boat involved? If so I may have to invite myself as I have no plans.

How long is it going to take you to pack? can't you do it all on saturday or sunday, and go to the races the other day? there is also AMA superbike racing at sears point this weekend too

I'm not sure if anyone has a boat, would be fun... this is our first time going to this spot, but some of my friends have been there multiple times and love it... i'd love to do the trip down for the races, but too much stuff :( i have to get a bike rack for my 6, and installing it will probably take me 1/2 the afternoon to figure out so i don't scratch my baby! :)

I'm not sure if anyone has a boat, would be fun... this is our first time going to this spot, but some of my friends have been there multiple times and love it... i'd love to do the trip down for the races, but too much stuff :( i have to get a bike rack for my 6, and installing it will probably take me 1/2 the afternoon to figure out so i don't scratch my baby! :)

Buy a hitch and use a hitch mount back rack! Genius, I know!

I won't be making it out afterall. The GF had surgery on Wednesday and was hoping she would be in better shape and caring for herself by the weekend.

I guessed wrong:(

I won't be making it out afterall. The GF had surgery on Wednesday and was hoping she would be in better shape and caring for herself by the weekend.

I guessed wrong:(

Bummer, too bad. Hope Christine is allright. I guess in that case, I will see the AMA at sears point on saturday, and go to laguna on sunday if anyone ends up going.

Back