• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ksport Coilover kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
sent them an email back asking for complete info and details. Post the info as soon as I get it

Already been in contact with him months ago. I asked what discount for 10 ppl? and 5 ppl. Guess what the answer was..... 40% off manf price which is..... you ready?....... the price he has listed on the website for a single person purchase.

Hope you have better luck with it.

Already been in contact with him months ago. I asked what discount for 10 ppl? and 5 ppl. Guess what the answer was..... 40% off manf price which is..... you ready?....... the price he has listed on the website for a single person purchase.

Hope you have better luck with it.

Damn:blackeye: I hope I do too. Was it a guy named Ray you were talking to?

Fwiw, Ultrarev's regular price is pretty darn cheap as it is. I bought a set of the Ksports there recently for ~$800 shipped.

Also, I still have a couple of concerns with the design of the Ksports (and the D2's because they are darn near exactly the same) and have talked w/ Ksport briefly about working with them to improve the design for a safer kit.

Fwiw, Ultrarev's regular price is pretty darn cheap as it is. I bought a set of the Ksports there recently for ~$800 shipped.

Also, I still have a couple of concerns with the design of the Ksports (and the D2's because they are darn near exactly the same) and have talked w/ Ksport briefly about working with them to improve the design for a safer kit.

How unsafe are they? What is the issue with them?

I have two issues with them, and to be fair, the same two issues are common on a lot of coilover kits.

1. The swaybar mount. Koni uses this same method for sway bar attachment on thier high dollar racing struts for the Koni Challenge Mustang kit; I've seen two $130k+ Mustangs nearly get destroyed because of this design. They loosen up very easily, and the mount can swing out into the wheel, which locks the wheel and can spin the car.

2. The strut to knuckle attachment has no retaining tab. In harsh conditions, over hard bumps etc. there is nothing to prevent the strut from getting pulled out of the knuckle other than the friction to the knuckle pinch area. While this is an unlikely occurance, the end result would be catastrophic.

Like I said, I've already talked with Ksport support, and it is currently on me to provide them details of my concerns, which I hope to do in the next few days.

Damn:blackeye: I hope I do too. Was it a guy named Ray you were talking to?

It was, and he didnt seem very willing to work with me.

I would say another option would be to talk directly with ksport. Rara would be the man to do this, after he voices his concerns and if they decide to make some changes, he could present 10, 20, etc possible customers as a bulk package deal. And ill make sure he doesnt slack... or maybe steeda will have to :)

Yeah im interested in these also i dont really care the price i trying to get a new suspension before my front struts bottom out. I was looking at the DS and the Ksport, but as soon as those problems are fix im in right away.

ya im in if the right price. and i need $$$ but all my struts are bad so y not do the whole shabang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back