• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Keyless entry

Augi

CEG'er
I have installed a remote starter on my car a few years ago, but IDK how to wire up the keyless entry part of the system. Is there anyone who can help me? It's a designtech system if that helps any. Usually I can do any wiring myself, but this thisng said something about reversing the polarity of the lock actuators.... Any advice?

I installed a keyless entry system on my Mystique a few years ago. I got my info from a thread I made on the12volt.com. Here's the link: here. I had an Autopage unit, but hopefully you can translate the info to your unit.

Here's the important info (another user took my post and answered the questions in-line):
It has a 6 pin adaptor with the following names:

Consider the 6 wires below as 2 door relays (these will be all you need to lock/unlock the doors) Do not wire the locks in the door, do all your lock/unlock wiring in the driver's kick panel to the left of your feet. Just lock and unlock wires go there, the fused joined power wire goes back to the same area the alarm brain is wired.

Brown Unlock Switch N/C (87a) -cut excess and tape off
Blue Unlock Motor COMMON (30) -connect to car's Door Unlock Yellow/Green wire located in Driver's Kick Panel (Positive Trigger)

Violet Unlock N/O (87) -connect to Constant 12V+ Red
White Lock switch N/C (87a) -cut excess and tape off

Green Lock Motor COMMON (30) -connect to Door Lock White/Green located in Driver's Kick Panel (Positive Trigger)
Violet/Red Lock N/O (87) -connect to Constant 12V+ Red

(The violet and violet/red wires meet at a 20 amp fuse and continue as a single wire) -connect both to Constant 12V+ Red (see above)

Do all of those go the relay that was provided? No, this relay is for (optional) starter kill. This would make the car unable to start with the key when the alarm is armed. The relay would effectively break the starter wire in two when armed and reconnect it when disarmed, enabling you to start it again. And if so, there's no wire coming from the pin labeled '87' on the relay.
Do I not connect the violets to anything on the relay? Also, what wires do I connect from the unit to the door unlock wires? see above
And does something connect to the thick green (+12V for ignition 'on') wire? Ignition input listed below connects to vehicle's thick Green Ignition wire

Besides what I've already listed, the rest of the wires are this:
Trunk trigger - input -connect to Trunk Pin Black/Orange (-) found at the Trunk Light
Positive trigger + input (used for positive door triggers not needed as yours is negative trigger)
Ignition input -vehicle's thick Green Ignition wire
Negative trigger - input -connect to cars Door Trigger Black/Blue (-) wire found at the Courtesy Light or Ignition Harness
Starter Interrupt output -would feed the optional relay described above (see relay section for diagrams on wiring this if you want it)
Priority door unlock -not needed
3rd channel output -not needed
2nd channel output -not needed
Dome light output -not needed

and

Green + light flash -connect to Parking Lights Red/Blue wire found at Light Switch
Black - main system ground -good solid vehicle chassis ground
Blue + siren output -connect to red alarm wire if you have one, and the siren's black wire to vehicle chassis ground
Red 12V + main power -Constant 12V+ Red wire from car
Blue/Black - horn output -used to trigger (optional) relay to blow horn when lock/unlocking & during alarm trigger

Back