• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

jesus its cold

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
:censored::censored::censored::censored: its cold today :(

8677d1191660756-you-know-its-cold-outside-when-coveredcarbig.jpg

but at least its not like this.

I'm flying to Williston, ND on Sunday..
sad sad.. I'm sad..
...............................High..Low....Precip
Month to date.............3......36......91
Average.....................19....-4
Records......................55...-42

sad, sad.. I'm sad

Last edited:
I'm flying to Williston, ND on Sunday..
sad sad.. I'm sad..
...............................High..Low....Precip
Month to date.............3......36......91
Average.....................19....-4
Records......................55...-42

sad, sad.. I'm sad

Man you in for an adventure :)
Enjoy it :laugh:

That's what I keep hearing.. I've been in "cold" before.. but I was wearing government issued clothing so I never needed to worry about "how much" is enough to stay warm.

What kind of clothing do I need for 10's, 0's and -10's?

a leather jacket?? thick jeans?

That's what I keep hearing.. I've been in "cold" before.. but I was wearing government issued clothing so I never needed to worry about "how much" is enough to stay warm.

What kind of clothing do I need for 10's, 0's and -10's?

a leather jacket?? thick jeans?

Depends how long you are outside.

I can go out side and start my car in shorts but that only takes a min or so.

I don't INTEND on being outside longer than it takes to get from the hotel room to the car, or the car to the building I pull up at, etc..
but just in case.. without buying an entire wardrobe for a 36 or 40 hour jaunt.. what should I buy (if I can find it in HOUSTON)

Ray, we are supposed to be in the 30s on Monday and Tuesday. I only have a leather jacket I use in the winter and if it is really cold I have a hat on. I keep gloves in the car but I don't use them.

It's all about the layers Ray. For 5 minute exposure to anything from 35 down to 0 or so, good jeans with a couple layers under a decent jacket. My pref is a t-shirt under a warm long-sleeve (button-up, sweatshirt, sweater, etc.).

Reality is you'll just be plain cold. Even if you summon up a full GI ECW outfit, you won't have time to adjust. Grin and bear it brother...:laugh:

I don't INTEND on being outside longer than it takes to get from the hotel room to the car, or the car to the building I pull up at, etc..
but just in case.. without buying an entire wardrobe for a 36 or 40 hour jaunt.. what should I buy (if I can find it in HOUSTON)

Don't forget, the car is as cold as it is outside until it warms up after a while. If I were you, I'd make sure I had some decent gloves and something with down feathers in it. I got a down vest for Christmas and I've been wearing it under my coat to walk to class the last few days in these sub-zero temps. That thing is WARM. Coming from Houston though, you're going to be cold either way if it's only a 36 hour trip.

It's more the windchill that gets you than anything in weather this cold. I'm fine outside in my wool coat and jeans. That is until the wind starts to wip up and burn your face. Just make sure to cover up, scarf and hat will do wonders.

Back