• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is this scam or legit?

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
I've been job hunting for a while now and got an email from a company called Altig.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this place before. Seems a tad fishy. The guy that emailed me said my resume had been forwarded to him by someone, but who was not mentioned. The only place I have posted my resume is on workopolis and I thought if someone had seen it on there they would have contacted me through the site:confused:

I guess it won't hurt to call and see what the deal is. I sure hope it isn't some kind of soliciting job where I would have to hawk insurance as the current job I'm doing is a dead end temp job. Would be real nice to find something that was a little more 9-5 and little less 4:30 - 3am.

When I was searching for a job (a few months ago) I had lots of random people contact me. Presumably they got my information off of workopolis. As it turned out, one of the random contacts hooked me up with several interviews and eventually a great job!

That being said, I don't know about that company speciffically.

Head hunters use a lot of different tactics to get in contact with you, some well thought out and honest and other are downright unprofessional (I.e. lying about the means of acquiring your resume, and just poor grammar and communication), that's not to say it's not worth following up with them. Having worked in the IT field for ~12 years now so I've had my fair share of experiences with head hunters, my advice is take head hunters with a grain of salt because ultimately they're looking to make a commission, and that's the bottom line. Remember, all they do is find potential incumbents for a job, once you’ve past the ‘don’t smell don’t drool’ tests they then inform the employer that they have someone they should interview, they generally do not fully understand the job or its requirements beyond what’s been written on paper, so it's up to you if you get into an interview with a potential employer to determine if your able to do that job and if the employer is right for you, DO NOT make the mistake in assuming that has already been determined.

Good luck in your job hunt!

Back