• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is there something that is supposed to go under here?

3xzsucof

CEG'er
is there something that is suppposed to go under the radio? i looks like there was somthing mounted there?
contint.jpg

Technically, that area should meet with the pre98 console. The center console was changed for 98 (probably to get more substantial cupholders), so we have a silly gap between the dashboard and floor.

This is an SVT with the pre98 console mod..
console2mj7.jpg

Or you could always go crazy with the extra space..
groovenerd-electronics.jpg

didnt someone make a post a while ago that they found something in the junkyard that went in there? it was a cupholder iirc, but i could be wrong

didnt someone make a post a while ago that they found something in the junkyard that went in there? it was a cupholder iirc, but i could be wrong

I remember that post but can't seem to find it. I thought that it was an ashtray but I could be wrong also.

I remember that post but can't seem to find it. I thought that it was an ashtray but I could be wrong also.

X2, ash tray. Didn't look all that integrated, but still a cool find.

I've always thought it looked like something could clip in with those rounded holes. Now I use them for the ipod connector that hangs down so I can use the dock connector on the bottom for better sound.

ahh the infamous ford "smokers package"

No, the smokers package was an ashtray insert for the drivers side cupholder. I had one before my Pre-98 console and just used it for change.

Also, there were 2 different ash tray inserts. One for the original 98 cupholders, and then another was made for the updated cupholders.

The only thing I can think is that other tray was planned for production and never made it. So far, that's been the only tray like that to turn up on the forums.

oh. yea, i had the smoker package in my focus, it was the same thing plus a cig lighter. i just figured that, that would be somthing ford would do, start issuing a smokes package that was a legitamate ash tray and then in the future change it to something like what it is now. lol

Back