• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is there a way to remove the trim from my grill?

3xzsucof

CEG'er
Im taking parts off that need to be painted black, and ive got my grill off but i cant get the chrome trim off of it with out i guess drilling out the rivets and the plastic tabs that are melted over. any secret to doing so.

i searched. i want to actually remove the chrome trim that goes around the grill. ill keep looking. but if anyone know how chime in!!

do you mean you're trying to remove the mesh from the entire grille assembly?

I think he wants to take the chrome piece off so he can paint it without having to worry about getting paint on the mesh. The only way it comes apart is to follow the grill mesh install how-to. Essentially you do have to drill out the plastic welds that hold it together.

lol. where is this how to!! i will search for it later when i get some more time. but a link in the mean time would be helpful!

Funny thing, they were on the old forums, which are down, for good. hopefully someone has it saved somewhere and can get it reposted

oh wtf some one should at least take from the how to section and bring it into the current forum! ill still keep looking.

sweet thanks for the link! thats what i was looking for. i guess im gonna just tape it off tho. i wasnt sure if i could just pop it off and back on some how. that would just be too easy! lol

Back