• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is there a positive coil wire?

98svtclone

CEG'er
i have a 98 se 2.0l tour, has the auto gauge cluster in so no tach of course. well i wanna put a tach in, so i am wondering if there is a positive coil wire(or whatever the tach runs of off) up by my cluster i can just tap into?????

well since this isn't a troubleshooting post its not going to get much traffic in the troubleshooting forum .... not if say it was posted in the zetec performance forum, where the thread is being moved it might get a hit. if not searching the same forum would most likely produce an answer ....

you bumped the post ofter 6 hours? really? not as many people know the zetec like the duratec, they might not have even been online yet today. be pacient...

I suggest picking up a Mystique gauge cluster (plug and play) or a Duratec gauge cluster (has to be modified to work), as you probably have the wiring coming from the PCM to the cluster harness for the tach.

ok well without changin the whole cluster.. is there a lead i can tap into for the tach... i already have the tach mounted in bezel....

Dunno. It goes to the cluster, assuming yours actually HAS the wire. You might want to ask LordStanley, as he had to add his own cuz his Zetec didn't come with a tach wire in his cluster harness.

You are looking for a white wire with a blue stripe. It can be found in multiple places. Off the back of the PCM, on the engine harness connector (big square bolt-together connector by the driver side strut tower), and also under the dash. I connected to mine under the dash. My contour is still over at my parents house so I can't look at it right now. If you remind me in a week or two, I can snap a pic for you.

BP

Back