• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

INTEREST CHECK:plug and play COP

newb

Hard-core CEG'er
hey guys, winter is almost apon us and ill have a lot of free time. i have the chance to get my hands on alot of COP coils and harnesses and am going to make atleast two plug and play harness. this is an interest check to see who would be interested in a plug and play cop harness. it would come with the coils, harness, and 04 valve covers to accomidate the coils mounting. im not sure on pricing yet.
so who's in?

pics of the routing and set up
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3525191057810.2160249.1513153853&type=1&l=21fbf7419e

I would be interested, obviously depending on price. Just a recommendation I would offer these with or without valve covers. I know personally I wouldn't need them.

well, im figureing around 200 with valvee covers and 175 with out. hows that sound? i need feed back on pricing .

you have to see what you can get necessary materials for then provide a price.
If you have shelves and closets of the parts then you can charge less.
If you have nothing you can charge more. But will we(customers) like the price?

up to you really.

INSANE Quality plug n play kit with valve covers I could see 200-300 maybe.

see how much it is for enough components for 5 kits, calculate your cost/priceing, whatever.
let us know.
BAAM

hey guys, sorry for such a delay getting things arranged and such for this. ill be installing my first harness on my car and testing it out for any problems by the end of the month. if all goes well i can offer these for 250 each for 5 people, or 200 for ten. lmk what you think.

Maybe this isn't the place for this, but could sell you more kits... What are the advantages and disadvantages of COP? I researched quick and found that it's basically cleaner install and possibly better spark management, but if the computer doesn't have knowledge of COP, is it able to utilize this ability? I also understand that if one coil goes out, you're not stranded. But you're not always with a single ignition coil either.
Erick --

from what i have found. in our cars there seems to be no performance gains or hinders. true if a coil goes out your not stranded. i have not read anything that says that it will hurt anything if you wire it propperly. its clean and nice looking.

Back