• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intercooled Jackson Racing

2000SE

Veteran CEG'er
Has anyone tried to intercool the Jackson racing kit? I don't really know enough about an intercooler kit to know what it would require, but I do know that the colder air would give a bit more power.

If anyone has, did they do a top mount intercooler or a front mount. I figured a front mount might block the radiator, but I've seen a few cars on here with front mounts so i wasnt sure.

Thanks for the help.

Thought about it when I had it.....the only real way with JR kit is chemical intercooling....methanol/water injection.

due to the design of compressor sitting directly on top of the inlet manifold there is no way of intercooling the jrsc unless you fab something up which involves raising the compressor from the manifold, then space under the hood becomes an issue. having said this i think someone on here or focaljet was attempting to fab an intercooled set up.

due to the design of compressor sitting directly on top of the inlet manifold there is no way of intercooling the jrsc unless you fab something up which involves raising the compressor from the manifold, then space under the hood becomes an issue. having said this i think someone on here or focaljet was attempting to fab an intercooled set up.

So an intercooler doesnt cool the incoming air? Could someone explain exactly how it works, because i was thinking that it would drastically cool the air going into the SC inlet by running air from a filter, to the cooler, through piping and into the inlet. Guess i was wrong?

the Sc compresses the air. which in turn heats the air going into the engine.

Now if you just put an intercooler on it before the air goes into the Sc all its going to do is act like a cold air intake. becuase the Sc is still going to compress the air its still going to get hot.

Now if the Sc is before the intercooler then when the air gets compressed it is cooled before it goes into the engine Via the intercooler.

meth/alch. injection is just as effective as a intercooler. plus gives you a little extra fuel making it harder to run lean(in most cases)

Has anyone installed a powerworks intercooled M62 blower on their Zetec?

Technically what you are talking about should be described as an aftercooler. An intercooler is actually mounted in between two sources of boost. I believe that it is generally accepted that Volvo is responsible for the widespread misnaming of the aftercooler. They used to sell their turbocharged cars with a big label on the back saying Intercooled....... Not that this information really matters, but it is interesting to know.

I had heard about an aftercooler but wasn't sure what the difference between the two was. Could anyway explain the methanol/water injection to me?

heres the wiki explanation.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)
regarding the powerworks sc: i was going to get that kit for my zetec mondeo but was unsure if there is enough room between the firewall and the block. as i live here in the uk it was a risk i didnt want to take.
seeing the Ceger here who fitted the JRSC to his zetec contour and a guy here in uk with one on his mondeo i knew it was going to fit so went for the JRSC

The H.O.C. will be intercooled. It will be using a Focus SVT JRSC and most likely my Spearco 2-252 intercooler.

The Spearco is a liquid-air intercooler. It works like the heat exhanger mounted under your dash. Just backwards. The heat is pulled out of the hot air exiting the supercharger by the cool water passing throught it. The water is then cooled by another heat exhanger mounted to the front of the car in front of the radiator. I hope that makes sense. ;)

BP

Back