• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

installing stock sunroof on contour without sunroof?

compudude86

CEG'er
I have access to a stock sunroof assembly, and was wondering if it is possible to install it in a car without a sunroof, or is the stock sunroof welded in? Otherwise I will have to get a sunroof kit..

I would think you might need to cut the roof section out of the donor car and have it welded in to do it right ,and don't forget the drain hoses

Since I am 6ft tall I always wished I could go the other way and have the headroom of no sunroof. The number of people complaining of bad gears makes me think that aftermarrket with a guarantee is much better than a stock one.

Knocking on wood my blue 95 SE MTX:laugh: ^^^ has yet to have a sunroof problem:shrug:

I would think you might need to cut the roof section out of the donor car and have it welded in to do it right ,and don't forget the drain hoses

after wiping the cold sweat aside after reading both "have it welded in" and "don't forget the drain hoses", I think i will go aftermarket...

Non sunroof SVT's are pretty desirable and extremely rare...I would leave it as is

My buddy has an A32 Maxima....no sunroof. He took a parts car WITH one, and basically swapped roof's. Cut his cars roof off, replaced it with teh one from the parts car and had it welded/reinforced. OEM :laugh:

Back