• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Injector change in PRP

Blackcoog

Hard-core CEG'er
So I switched from 19lb injectors to 42lb injectors in my Cougar. I have the SFG1 SVT Contour ECU in my Cougar so as far as the ECU was concerned they were stock. I had a base tune sent to me from brenspeed which seemed to be pretty good. I swap over the injectors the other day and started going through the tune. I changed all the values in scalar section under fuel to the recommended values for 42lb injectors. I also changed the injector pulse width to the recommended value and the injector voltage values to the recommended values.

Car still runs way too rich (10.0). I can tune it in on my own but I should be able to change the software and get it to run exactly like it had 19's in there. I'm sure I'm either missing something or the recommended values in the software are incorrect. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

I was able to get the file after I signed up for the SCT forums. They did have a few minor changes I missed but I had caught most of them on my own. Car runs great now on the 42's . :cool:

Back