• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Injector and maf change question.

SuperCJ

New CEG'er
I have a 2000sct that is low mileage so I want to avoid the 3.0 swap, and just do some basic mods to get more power. I want to try a set of ford motorsport 24# injectors to replace the 19# injectors and do a maf upgrade. Is this ok to do as a stand alone mod. I also want to pick up a jet chip to install also. Do those work OK with the upgraded injectors and maf? lastly, after I do the fuel mod if recommended, I want to install a set of headers. The car is 100% stock at this point, nothing has ever been done to it. Looking forward to your educated recommendations.

No need to upgrade the fuel system with the stock 2.5L engine. The stock fuel system has been proven to handle pretty much all intake, headers, exhaust setups.

After you finish with your mods, a tune will help unlock all the potential from your mods. The most common tuning solution on CEG is the xcalibrator by SCT.

dont touch the fuel or maf system on a stock 2.5 . get headers and y pipe, high flow cat, cat back, and npg fenderwell intake .

getting a mail order tune is ok, but the best option is a full dyno tune, then you will really unlock what the stock tune hides.

dont touch the fuel or maf system on a stock 2.5 . get headers and y pipe, high flow cat, cat back, and npg fenderwell intake .

getting a mail order tune is ok, but the best option is a full dyno tune, then you will really unlock what the stock tune hides.
+1

Stock injectors and MAF can support 275hp...which you will never see on your 2.5 unless its blown/charged.

Back