• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

In need of some help

speed_cat

CEG'er
Ok here is the deal, In my journey of trying to get rid of some of the codes from the CEL for my inspection i kinda ran into some problems.
i have a 1998.5 SVTC

Bad oxygen sensor-bank 1 sensor 1
EGR valve large leak- EGR valve was deleted by previous owner
Bank 1 and bank 2 are lean

Front tower strut bar is backwards-installed by previous owner
24 lbs. fuel injectors which i highly doubt they were tuned for the svt- install by previous owner

i would like to reinstall the egr valve and hooked up back to normal and put the strut bar the right way!
the only thing is that i dont trust myself enough to do some of this stuff and if any of you guys out here (PA) would help me out get some of this stuff get done the right way it would be greatly appreciated ( Beer, Cash, a night out in town my treat!)

I always double team strut bars. :p

I know the feeling though, I sometimes look at the Mystique and question my resolve if something were to go wrong... lol.

I always double team strut bars. :p

I know the feeling though, I sometimes look at the Mystique and question my resolve if something were to go wrong... lol.

The guy who had the car before me installed the strut bar backwards and instead of moving the plastic nut from the a/c line to install it the right way he just decided to delete the EGR.

Back