• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Important Detour Info If traveling on I-94

How far back was the traffic? What detour did you take?

Did you get off at east michigan AVE? before, after?

Yeah, if anyone know a quick way around that area that would be great. Me and two other are going to be driving up that way tonight. Don't wanna get held up any longer then we have too. Coming from I-69 and we planned on taking 94 all the way there.

Yeah, if anyone know a quick way around that area that would be great. Me and two other are going to be driving up that way tonight. Don't wanna get held up any longer then we have too. Coming from I-69 and we planned on taking 94 all the way there.

I've been searching around and i think i'll be taking this route.

I-94 west....make a right and head north on I-69. then head north...reaching the road.. N DR N. Get off on that street and head west...for 5.34 mi...
Continue on GORSLINE RD go 1.91 mi 9.Bear on GORSLINE RD go 0.63 mi 10.Turn on BELLEVUE RD go 0.33 mi 11.Continue on COOPER AVE go 0.78 mi 12.Turn on E EMMETT ST go 0.94 mi 13.Turn on CAPITAL AVE NE(M-66) go 2.05 mi 14.Turn on W DICKMAN RD go 3.83 mi 15.Continue on M-96 go 9.86 mi 16.Bear on E BATTLE CREEK ST(M-96) go 141 ft 17.Bear on E BATTLE CREEK ST(M-96) go 0.94 mi 18.Bear on 35TH ST S go 0.58 mi 19.Turn to take ramp onto I-94 W toward CHICAGO go 5.14 mi 20.Take exit #80/CORK ST/SPRINKLE RD go 0.31 mi 21.Turn on E CORK ST go 0.76 mi 22.Arrive at 3030 E CORK ST, KALAMAZOO.

I hope that helps. :)

I have not left yet. But I grew up in Kzoo I know all the random back ways. It depends on the time of day that you are driving. They already have a "detour" posted. Last night I guess traffic was backed up for HOURS!

94 can back up really bad, if I were you and you are coming up on I 69, I would get off @ Michigan and follow that west, You can either veer left onto Columbia ( most trucks are being routed this way)

Takes you just north of truck detour may avoid more traffic backups:
OR you can stay on Michigan and take it to 66/94 and then get off on Dickman (94 business)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....314734,-85.178204&spn=0.011805,0.031457&z=15

Take Dickman to (turn L) Skyline which will turn right into Columbia and this will put you on I-94@ exit 92.

Thanks....you saved me 10 extra mins.

I though I-69 taking you further away would kinda remove you from most of the detour traffic. Do you think taking michigan ave...will be backed up though?

Michigan won't be backed up until you cross I-94, and even then to be honest I doubt it, because Michigan flows pretty good, not to mention the only real ppl who will know to take that detour will be the truckers, and even they are taking michigan to columbia, I sent you to dickman.

My experience from when I was driving from Ann Arbor to Kzoo all the time, Most ppl on I-94 are idiots when it comes to detours. Unless they are familiar with the area ppl just sit like idiots in the backups.

Back