• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm not dead

morbid

Hard-core CEG'er
After almost 3 months away... I'm back! :laugh:

I'm resuming the 3L swap and should have it over at the shop (where my car has been) soon. I just can't wait to be driving my own car!

Yeah i'm still around too... when you get your car up and running, we'll have to have some late night cruises and some late tech nights...

Sounds good! I can't believe my car has been down for so long. I'm ordering the last of the parts today and am planning to drop the engine off at the shop next week.

I just had too much going on and couldn't get myself to focus on the swap anymore.

You couldn't focus on the swap OR us :nonono:. Glad to see ya back.

Yay! Maybe you'll be able to meet us for Matt's Big Breakfast finally :laugh: my GF couldn't wait anymore (ie, I got tired of whining), so we went a couple weeks ago. It was a bit of a wait to get in, but it was well worth the wait!

Good luck with the install. I'll be heading up in a couple of weeks to see ADC for the tune on the Turbo, I'll PM before we go.

You couldn't focus on the swap OR us :nonono:. Glad to see ya back.
Hey blu! Actually... I had a "moment" and couldn't focus on anything. Dropped contact with pretty much everyone. For the car and CEG scene, I'm trying to keep motivated so I don't loose momentum with the project.. and so I'm active here again... and not just visiting.

Yay! Maybe you'll be able to meet us for Matt's Big Breakfast finally :laugh: my GF couldn't wait anymore (ie, I got tired of whining), so we went a couple weeks ago. It was a bit of a wait to get in, but it was well worth the wait!

Good luck with the install. I'll be heading up in a couple of weeks to see ADC for the tune on the Turbo, I'll PM before we go.
Sounds good! I won't be able to make the FJ meet down there... but I'd like to visit once my car is done. I'm hoping to be at ADC soon too to get tuned for the new setup.

Sounds good! I won't be able to make the FJ meet down there... but I'd like to visit once my car is done. I'm hoping to be at ADC soon too to get tuned for the new setup.

If you're getting close and want to go at the same time, I may be at ADC as soon as next Saturday, but probably in two weeks time.

My "soon" was a little optimistic... I was assuming I could find a 3/4" drill bit locally. There's no way I'm going to use a hole cutter bit on the engine, so I mail ordered a 3/4" bit. It should be here in 1-2 more days. So I'll drill the hole and take the engine to get the turbo drain bung welded on, then drop the engine off at the shop. After that, I'm guessing it will be another 1-2 weeks before the car is done... so probably at least 3 weeks before I could get down to ADC.

Back