• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm gonna miss him; shoulda cruised with him today

DDV

CEG'er
Bugz has sold the SVT. I shoulda (coulda/woulda) cruised with him today one last time. But, I couldn't. I know he'll still be around though.

I think it was time for him to move on and I think it was a future member that he sold it to.

Isn't it mandatory that a new owner of a CEGr's car join CEG before taking possession of the vehicle???? Someone needs to check the rules there could be an infraction in the offing.

I can't believe he didn't say something, and that he sold an Aussie Ford modded SVT......
Well let me assure you all before they get the certificate of authenticity they will need to know the secret password and handshake......... LOL

AF

PS: If Bugz wants to come to a meet I'd be glad to lend him one of my spare Tours..... ;)

Sorry for not saying something sooner. I put it up for sale on Thursday and it was sold that night to the first person that looked at it. I forgot to tell him it was Aussie modded. I thought it would take a long time to sell, so I was not in a hurry.

I think it was mostly a need for better gas mileage and rearwheel drive that drove the sale. I got a wrecked miata to fix. But, the quick sale forced me to get a second one. Now that had become a father son project to make two sweet miata's.

I gave the guy a link to the MIL eliminator page on the forum, so hope he takes the hint. I should have made him sign up on the spot.

I will try to make it to a meet sometime, but it is a little weird if I don't have a Contour to show off. I did almost cry when the CSVT drove away. I really liked the way it looked and the rear dome light :)
I am scared someday CSVT's will show up at auctions for a milliion dollars and I will kick myself for selling so cheap.

Thanks for the nice comments, you guys are great too.
I still might be available to help out if you need something, just give me a call. I will keep selling the Bugzuki plates (I was going to turn them over to Blu-Fuz, but my wife wants me to let our son learn responsibility by watching after that). I still might hand them off someday.

Life gets busy sometimes and you have to go in different directions than you thought you would.
The Contour was my favorite car so far, and I had it the longest out of any car I have ever had - except the Aerostar (but I did not drive that everyday).

Back