• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Im Back in a Contour :) But has weird keys

ilovesvt

Veteran CEG'er
Well i got a Silver contour sport V6 today Automatic Transmission it will do for now.
Came with Svt wheels,svt front and rear bumpers,svt side skirts with j/p covers:crazy:,svt stock intake,looks like b&g springs they are red ill look again later. Also has a full catback exhaust

The weird thing is it has these keys,they start the car and open the trunk and doors also and looks like it is keys that are not pats im wondering how the heck is it starting the car lmfao.

View attachment 14343View attachment 14344View attachment 14345View attachment 14346View attachment 14347

Seen something like them for sale on newcougar.org they gad them listed as euro keys i think.

Edit. Nevermind 99cougarsupreme has them for sale. He says they are jaguire xtype.

Seen something like them for sale on newcougar.org they gad them listed as euro keys i think.

Edit. Nevermind 99cougarsupreme has them for sale. He says they are jaguire xtype.

Cool thanks for checking on that....I would have never guessed

Those are Ford Tibbe keys (euro key). The US Jaguar X-Types, S-Types and the new Ford Transit Connect use those as well. Ford did not convert them to a standard key when they were imported.

Mondeos and euro Cougars used them so it's a direct swap if you get a complete lock set. I'm installing a set on my Cougar and running the X-Type flip key with integrated key fob. IMO, the swap is a complete waste of time unless you do the flip key with fob. The standard key doesn't fold up and you'll still need to carry the original fob to unlock the doors.

Look around under the dash and see if the PATS chip from the original key is tucked in there. They either attached the chip near the ignition to bypass PATS, or tuned it out of the ECU all together.

its a damn good replica i thought it was an svt when i saw the pics great find but just as fast and traffic is alot easier with an auto, damn those keys are out of the ordinary id say

Those are Ford Tibbe keys (euro key). The US Jaguar X-Types, S-Types and the new Ford Transit Connect use those as well. Ford did not convert them to a standard key when they were imported.

Mondeos and euro Cougars used them so it's a direct swap if you get a complete lock set. I'm installing a set on my Cougar and running the X-Type flip key with integrated key fob. IMO, the swap is a complete waste of time unless you do the flip key with fob. The standard key doesn't fold up and you'll still need to carry the original fob to unlock the doors.

Look around under the dash and see if the PATS chip from the original key is tucked in there. They either attached the chip near the ignition to bypass PATS, or tuned it out of the ECU all together.

Cool cool good info......They are a little hard to unlock the doors you have to turn them a few times so if a dog was chasing me i would probably get bitten lol....I need to get a keyless entry hooked up when i start driving it. but trunk opens with them good and starts nice. Im wondering why he did it. But i guess ill have to get use to it

its a damn good replica i thought it was an svt when i saw the pics great find but just as fast and traffic is alot easier with an auto, damn those keys are out of the ordinary id say

Yea i didnt think i was going to get it in time and on the ad he didnt even mention it had svt goodies i almost didnt even click on the ad on craigs. Then i went to look at it and the guy was cool i told him id sell my g20 asap and come back and buy it and he said lets trade so i couldn't resist. It needs some work but i dont mind. Yes an automatic really is nice during pissed off traffic time here in Dallas and with construction on every corner its relaxing. lol Surprising it accelerates decent but i havent had a chance to look at it closer ive been working and he took the plates so i cant drive it yet.

Was surprised when i looked under the car and it has B.a.t. struts....I though it felt pretty firm lol......Looks like i will need a updated wire harness in the near future for this contour too like the svt i had i noticed some cracks here and there and it kinda feels like the car cuts off for half a second like 5 times after driving it a little rough on my way home but it runs smooth other than that and it needs a rear lower control arm for sure

Back