• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Stage 3 clutch (F1 Racing/ClutchNet you decide)

IC: Stage 3 clutch (F1 Racing/ClutchNet you decide)

• ClutchNet at $330 shipped

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • F1 Racing at $288 shipped

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...seems a little bit backward on how they prioritize their manufacturing. It would make more sense to make a single large Taiwan made order for the SVT clutch, and just stock pile them allowing for greater profit, instead of paying higher costs locally for small batches.

I take a pinch of salt with what they say, but if the product is good and the price is right, they may be worth a second look :shrug:

I would say if they did that it would be bad practice on their part. Why would you want to order a large batch and sell only a few parts a year? You then would have a lot of money in inventory that may take years to sell when you could be stocking parts that would be selling quickly. You would actually be losing money by doing that. Ask any accounting people and they will tell you the same thing.

In anycase I did not get a chance to call Competition Clutch back today as I had meetings most of the day. Tomorrow or Wed will be better for me. I'll keep everyone posted as the info comes in.

awesome man. thanks for all your efforts.

i need one and it NEEDS to be one that will last. on the turbo csvt, we're going to pull the whole motor out JUST to swap out the clutch :help: so i dont want to put anything in there that might not be up to par! *cough*SPEC*cough*

Alright well I'm just going to give up on Competition Clutch. They haven't called me back yet and it's growing tiring of playing phone tag.

I'll setup a official GB thread for ClutchNet's red pressure plate and 6 puck sprung disk. You'll be on your own for a TB.

Alright well I'm just going to give up on Competition Clutch. They haven't called me back yet and it's growing tiring of playing phone tag.

I'll setup a official GB thread for ClutchNet's red pressure plate and 6 puck sprung disk. You'll be on your own for a TB.

Cool, it was worth a try. If we get this type of service now, and we haven't even bought it yet, imagine how we would get treated if we have a problem once it's payed for :blackeye: :confused:

ClutchNet here we come!......

Also, for this thread, adding a cheap/reliable source for the TOB might help those that need a new one :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back