• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: SplitPort Intake manifold spacer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Been wanting to make this for a few years now, now is the time i need it, and i have the drawing made up a order quote pending.
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in it as well, as the cost savings are VERY significant in bulk orders...

Basically what this is:

2 intake manifold spacers one for each bank, It will be bolted between the LIM and UIM, It's main purpose is that it will give you the ability to use the upgraded 04+ 3.0 Valve covers and PCV system while retaining the split port intake manifolds. It also gives some plenum, but I'm sure that is negligible. This would work on a 2.5L..3L Hybrid...or Port matched 3L. I would include all the hardware, all you will need is a extra set of upper intake manifold gaskets ( I can include these for more if need be) These are water jet cut from 6061 aluminum

It will probably in the neighborhood of $120 + shipping for a complete kit minus gaskets. I'll be certain 100% once i install it on mine.

10 Orders is the minimum where cost savings happens, i doubt there will be much interest but i figured i would ask anyway before i pulled the trigger. I can always make a kit down the road if need be for you, but it is much more expensive, $250+

Please let me know if you have any questions

Adam

Kind of interested... I've thought about coming up with something like this before.

Couple of questions:
How tall are we talking on these?
What size are you going to make the primary/secondary ports? Big enough to match a big bore LIM?

I'm making these a half inch which is enough to clear the valve covers.

I modeled the Primary/secondary ports after a felpro gasket to keep this more universal. It's pretty darn close to the larger LIM's 36.8~mm Secondary Primary is 35.2~ The secondary's could use some polishing if you had 37mm secondary ports.

Yeah, oval port spacer for the ST220 UIM clearance over 2.5L valve covers.

I'm probably going to place a order at the end of the week if no more interest shows up.

To Redlineracer or anyone else interested after that time: please feel to PM me i can keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back