• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I hate shopping for used cars in Houston area

Silver Bullet

CEG'er
As the heading says:
Last year gave up after 3 months and went out of state for my CSVT.

Now looking for an automatic for my daughter.
Saw this ad early this morning
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1064476606.html
So emailed the seller and get confirmation back damage is limited to hood, front grille and one headlight only. Get phone number and call the husband also and get same confirmation over the phone.

I drive one hour to get there and what do I find?
fist sized hole in the front bumper and remaining bumper chewed up good ( I even specifically asked about bumper!)
upper cross member / hood latch support twisted and smashed in more than one foot
fan assemblies pushed into engine, fan shrouds cracked
radiator is V "wing" shaped from impact.
and too much other undisclosed damage to mention

I was pissed to have wasted my gas and 2 hours time on this wild goose chase. I started to get angry with the seller but then just let it go, not worth it. Then politely gave him advice on vehicle conditon disclosure and why you shouldn't waste somebodys time by giving false information and just walked away.

Now time to for everybody to flag this misleading POS Craig's list ad.

I was pissed to have wasted my gas and 2 hours time on this wild goose chase. I started to get angry with the seller but then just let it go, not worth it. Then politely gave him advice on vehicle conditon disclosure and why you shouldn't waste somebodys time by giving false information and just walked away.

Now time to for everybody to flag this misleading POS Craig's list ad.

Ugh I dont blame you. I wont go see anything without pictures especially if it seems like a good deal.

Ugh I dont blame you. I wont go see anything without pictures especially if it seems like a good deal.

yeh I know, I got some photos but poor quality. I saw the ad only an hour or so after it went online so I wanted to get out there quick. Especially after they confirmed limited damage 3 different times, in ad, in email and on phone. I was excited since only stated damage was parts I have in the driveway now. I figured 30 minutes of bolt ons and I would have a perfect car for my daughter.

Back