• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I had some cheap tinted window film from last owner

naujcdl

No, I'm not the coffee guy
and i took them off, both rear seat and the one rear windshield.

So now that i didn't use the method of windex and a shart cutter to get the gum out from the tint job, what do you recommend me do to the rear windshield to get the feeling of gum residue you feel when you pass over with your fingers and such?

This feeling of rough window i felt after i took the cheap ass tints were there and i can't, obviously, go with a sharp cutter to remove the gum out with windex as i may cut the defroster lines...any ideas on what i could do?

Thanks so much!

I went the cheapo way and carefully removed it with spraying in parts with windex and the cutter, it all came off, much better now.

Tried the WD-40, but the problem with it was that it would make the surface a bit like rubbery or something.

Thanks to all!

Took mine off last week. Back window was one big pain in the ass.

Worked on it for hours until the combo that worked best was Tint Off and super fine steel wool.

warm water with soap. Soak the window. Then just go threw with a razor blade. Comes off like no other.

Back