• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I couldn't find a volunteer

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
So here's proof that on occasion I do cut holes in my own Tours, and tear them apart..... Just for practice for when I do yours....... LOL
06-12-11_1816..jpg
06-12-11_1819..jpg
P6120001..JPG
P6120004..JPG
P6120007..JPG

AF

Yea, I did mine a few weeks ago. Took me all of a half hour, and most of that was fishing the electrical wiring thru the headliner to the front lamp. I was squeamish making that first, irrevocable cut into the fabric for the rear dome, as there's no turning back at that point. But the rear dome popped right in like a piece-o'-pie!

That is exactly how I was going to do mine, but with the moonroof one has to fish it around that so I started by removing the trim around the opening…. And the headliner was sorta stuck to the edge so to get a little extra flexibility I removed the visor and the weather seals on driver side doors. I had already removed the rear headliner retainers to check the location of the hole….. next came removal of the rear grab handle, and why not the center pillar cover (just one screw) and that just left the rear pillar trim to pop loose since I already had the A pillar trim off due to another project….. With everything loose now why not install the clips like the factory does and well….. It all took about an hour.

But at this point I haven’t hooked it up since I am also adding a lighted driver side visor and need to connect it to that bit of wiring too.

AF

Zoikes! You take the simplest jobs and ...... :D Yea, I didn't have to deal with the moonroof, and I didn't even remove much of anything except the rear headliner retainers and the whole front courtesy-map light assembly. I was able to use a long lenth of aluminum rod and snake my home-made harness from the rear light up to the front light. Easy cheesy.

What vehicle donates a lighted driver-side visor for these projects?

ps -- Looks like your center console is a work-in-progress also. :D

What vehicle donates a lighted driver-side visor for these projects?

ps -- Looks like your center console is a work-in-progress also. :D

It is kinda hit & miss.... most 95 - 97's I think have them. Even my wifes stripped down 95 GL 4 banger has them. 98 - 99 is a bit sketchy, Shortymans SVT which is exactly like mine has them but mine doesn't. Some GL's, LX's, SE's, and SVT's have them. I don't find any pattern for them in a vehicle. The one I'm installing came from a 98 LX w/ tan interior.

Yes the console is a work in progress as is the dash it is attached to..... postings will be out soon. Did you check my post: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...890#post928890

But also I added a couple of screws to the shifter. 95 - 98 had 4 screws holding the shifter in place 99 - 00 only has two.
P6120008..JPG

PS: how about the dash that the console is attached to..... :cool: (postings soon)

AF

Back