• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How was this done?

yomanwill

CEG'er
I'm sure its been asked before....but can someone shed some light on the supercharger aspect of it? what type was it? custom header? amount of boost?

super.jpg

Normally I would tell you to search because this subject has been smacked around more then a pimp smacks around his hookers.

That is Hectors old car (Locos) someone else on CEG has it now, but the motor is dead. Its a Jackson racing Supercharger for a focus, the intake manifold and supercharger bolted right up, but since the parts are so heavy there is a support bracket they need to keep from wobbleing around, unfortunately the focus bracket wouldnt work so you would need to custom fab up the support bracket. Hector had it running at around 7psi of boost, on the dyno he put down 160 whp/141wtq which really wasnt that bad, but for the amount of money that was put into the project really was mediocre.

He also had a header, Under drive pulley upgraded injectors and, not in this picture, adjustable cam pulleys it really was a well put together car, I got a couple of rides in it, and it really did scoot pretty good. But I think its more worth your money to do a custom turbo kit.

i can build you a custom turbo kit like mine. its not cheap at about $3500 but will put down 200WHP on 10PSI and capable of more.

Well an eaton M62 supercharger could be had for fairly cheap. Though I'm not sure on the dimensions. A bracket or two wouldn't be a problem getting it to fit might.
BTW how did the engine die? at what mileage? no use putting on a supercharger if the bottom end is going to blow out.

Last edited:
Jackson Racing M45 blower kit for the standard Focus, Ford Racing 42# injectors, Mustang GT MAF, ported TB, custom Diablochip, Zxtuner racing header with custom 2.5" exhaust, modified CTA intake, and 2.6" pulley. 160WHP and 141WTQ at 8psi. Remind you this was on a unmodifed ATX with 120k and an additional cooler.

The underdrive pulley was taken off. A custom bracket was made to hold up the Jackson Racing intake mani.

Took a lot of work, and some money but was very reliable, made good all around power, and because of the lower torque, was less stressful on my ATX.

Turbo will make more power yes, but will kill any Contour ATX it would be attached to.:blackeye: That is the reason why I didn't go turbo.

The car died due to some incompentance and lack of knowledge of the custom setup on this by the owner of the car previous to Buttonpuncher.:cry:

baby steps basically the plan is to pull the supercharger off cobalt ss/3800.

http://www.capa.com.au/eaton_m45data.htm (used for dimensions)

So it looks like the eaton M62 might work. Compared to the m45 it's about 1.55in longer which shouldn't be an issue. It is .8" wider, but if I run into trouble it looks like the tabs could be cut off. and is (.10" taller)

The stock intake manifold doesn't look that restrictive...

Edit:
damn you ford...so much for baby steps
I guess I can add a new MAF (stock is ~7Lbs/min)
The stock injectors are never going to keep up: by my guess-ti-ments (175*.65)/(4*.80)~35# injectors (not 19#)

What ever happened to engineering overhead?

Still this mod could be done cheaply
$200 for injectors
$200 For M62
$?? for a MAF but can't be more than $75
bracket here weld there
labor FREE!

and I'm going to hope the fuel pump is up to task

I think I have all the bases covered...fuel, air, and spark
hmmm I'll look into spark later I'm going to be running low boost no more than 10psi, I would think the ecm would handle any timing issues

Last edited:
Back