• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how to question

MrRoarke865

New CEG'er
So, do I post a request for a how-to in this forum, and then IT gets posted in the How-To forum?

I looked around for an oil pan gasket replacement how-to the other day and didn't find it. Then the forum got shut down before I could search the regular posts. Does one exist? I'm hoping to get some insight for problems I'm going to run into (like frozen exhaust bolts) and ideas for fixing them.

The actual replacement proceedure isn't that complex, but it always seems that the shortest instruction (i.e. "remove exhaust bolt") ends up taking the longest amount of time.

Thanks for the help.

best bet on that one is to contact todras and get a Ford service cd and that should give you step by step instructions ...

You got it! How-to REQUESTS, questions on procedure, or help in creating them all go in the respective forum for whichever engine, area, or location you are asking about.

The HOW-TO forum should (in theory.. let's KEEP it that way) ONLY contain COMPLETED, INSTRUCTIONAL HOW-TOs and DIRECT REPLIES (ie, "also, as a hint, try xxxxx" not "how come my car doesn't have that kind of bolt in it?", etc). That would be a question regarding a how-to and would go in Maintenance, etc.

Back