• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Horn question

air horns, no idea. others yes. Hella, Fiaam Freway blasters, etc. just get the matching pre98 horn to the one on the car, I believe its the low tone. twice as loud and doesn't sound like a clown car horn.

Funny you mention it. I just grabbed a set from a Sable in the yard. My daily is a Sable and I MUCH prefer the dual tone of it to the single tone Tour. I'll replace it when I can pull that bish out of storage! :)
Erick --

Funny you mention it. I just grabbed a set from a Sable in the yard. My daily is a Sable and I MUCH prefer the dual tone of it to the single tone Tour. I'll replace it when I can pull that bish out of storage! :)
Erick --

you should have heard the horns on my VR4 when i first got it. not only were they the high pitched, little Japanese car sounding horns, but they hadnt been used in years and were quite sickly sounding. :laugh::laugh: I quickly replaced them with a set of horns from advance auto for like $30 and it now sounds like a real car horn.

My buddy had an 02-ish Maxima. Same thing... one of those little buzzy Japanese sounding horns. That's a pretty decent size car too. I was always giving him ish about it.
Erick --

Back