• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hightower(kind of) question

output is generally the same just if you do decide to do it make sure your a painting a non reflective section of the housing. the contour's housing comes apart in sections so you never paint anything that is reflective, make sure in your case this is the same. if you cover over important parts of the inside you wont be able to see

i've hightowered 4 sets of contour lights, so i'm not so new at this. i'm talking about painting the reflective portion of the headlights only. i know it'll hurt headlight output, but i have insanely bright headlights. my question is, will it hurt headlight output so much that i wont be able to see at night? i noticed that when bagged did his contour lights, he removed the small plastic cover over the bulb. because i have HID's, i don't want to do that and blind everyone i drive by.

I would say that with HIDs you will probably be about the same as a standard bulb, but im not sure. the black plastic underneath the chrome is pretty shiny so you should still get some reflection. my biggest concern would be that the reflectors actually help shape the light pattern into something usable that doesnt blind drivers. without the chrome to help reflect the light you might not get that anymore.

That looks awesome! Ive always wanted to Hightower lights and use that black chrome stuff.

I think you will still get decent reflection, as the black chrome really doesnt seem to cut down on reflection as much as regular paint would.

Back