• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heater hoses replaced today

shotwell

Veteran CEG'er
This is an exciting pair of hoses to replace! One finally let go earlier this week...they were the originals. This might be the long term slow coolant leak I have been experiencing for some time now. Time will tell!

I actually had the pair of hoses in my garage. Got them from Rock Auto some time ago. They fit perfectly.

I wasn't terribly excited to get under the car today. It was threatening to rain all day. I got lucky though! It started to rain just as I was putting the air filter back in.

No pics, sorry. Don't want to get coolant on my camera!

Went exactly like you said Aussie. Heater Core end of the hoses are under the car, just above the Catalytic Converter. Reaching in from behind the subframe allows adequate access. PITA, but hey...it's done.

I have had to replace those hoses before and they are a pain to do. I put the screw type clamps back on because the factory squeeze type are very difficult to do under there. I recommend replacing all your other hoses very soon. Like I said I replaced those same hoses and then one by one the other hoses started leaking. So I just bought all new hoses and went to work. The other PITA hose is the one under the throttle body. It runs from the back of the water pump to right in between the heads. Just follow your fuel line to the injectors and you will see it. The UIM and LIM has to come off to do this job....unless there is a trick I don't know about.

Thanks for the info. I've been considering the UIM LIM cleaning as of late. That would be a good time to tackle that one.

A lot of what's holding me back is money. If I'm going to take my intakes off, I'm going to want to do a host of other things as well. I'm sure my injectors need rebuilt by now. Everything is still original under my hood.

Back