• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hand crank that bi.

lol It's one of the few parts on my firs XR that worked. :)

ain't that the truth.

Screenshot_2013-03-05-12-00-09-1_zpsccaf9341.png

As vulnerable those covers are, I cant image putting anymore stress on it then pushing a button!
The crank is directly attached to the gear, no stress on the cover, some pics. To avoid breaking the tabs on your cover you can loosen the screws behind the dome light so that they barely hold the cover on. If they are already broken, how to fix

Nice one Sam :laugh:

Thats what I figured, but was afraid the base of the handle might rub up against the cover or rock back and forth when cranking. Apparently not. Thanks for the links. I think I might have 3-4 broken ones, all have different issues and one good one. The one i have in my car now is repaired using the method you shared. Stupid desert.

Should also note my screws are loose too. These are all valid methods for anyone who stumbles upon this.

The crank is directly attached to the gear, no stress on the cover, some pics. To avoid breaking the tabs on your cover you can loosen the screws behind the dome light so that they barely hold the cover on. If they are already broken, how to fix

Nice one Sam :laugh:

Thanks Matthew... When I saw yours in 08 or 09. I knew I had to get one sometime.

Back