• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Italian leather shift & ebrake boots and armrests covers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit, I got my boot for the shifter to work, tad short, but it's works and looks great. I dont think that shortening the boot is neccessary for short thow shifters.

edit, the slit in the e-brake boot are fine, the fit is good now.

I'm sorry to hear a few of you are having trouble with your boots/armrest covers. I personally have not installed mine yet as I'm neck deep in unpacking and have a million things all going on at once atm.

Please keep me posted on your progress and let me know how things turn out.

Just finished installing mine. I had one cut in my ebrake boot that did not fit. I just cut it myself. That and its way way to long needs to be way shorter. Although I'm impressed with them especially for the price. I don't think I'll keep the arm rest on though doesn't jive. Hopefully it'll flow better when I get a cougar steering wheel. On to the pics. Wish I had time to clean inside before hand.

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

Mine looks pretty good, I think. I installed the console and boots last night. The inner plastic ring on the ebrake broke in a couple spots. Nothing some hot glue couldn't fix though. :crazy:
The shift boot is big, but it'll work. I think it looks great. Now I need to address that carpet where the old console was!! :shocked:
... and hook up the cig lighter. :cool:
Erick --

SSPX0255.jpg

SSPX0256.jpg

SSPX0257.jpg

SSPX0258.jpg

Yea so I put my shift boot on this afternoon... I had some trouble getting it tight around the shifter with a tie strap as I ended up braking two before I was satisfied. However it looks pretty good installed now. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

I went back and edited my poss where I mentioned that I didnt get mine to work out. At last attempt today I got to work! Even though I dont think the shorten boot is neccessary it still works. I have a slight pull in 1st gear, but all good. I PM'd Greg to appologize and will do here for misleading people. The product is well worth it and high quality for the price you cant beat it. LIke I said earlier, I suggest not shortening your shift boot.

Couple things to help you out:
If you are not using the lock out, you really have to crank down on the zip tie to close up the opening like 49 said.

I drilled holes in the shifter bezel through the boot where the staples were and used small zip ties to attach. keep the heads to ther inside out of the way.

I used hot glue at first to attache the ebrake frame back to the console, but that had melted out in are temops and the boot just dropped in (1 day) I switched to plastic epoxy.

Use can use two sided table to hold the boot to the bezel while working.

use masking tape at the veru top of the pre98 console and where the havac bezel meets so you dont sctarch up your paint job.

Interesting method on addaching the boots. I staple gunned the boots down much like stock. And to reattach the e brake boot I drilled hole into the little pillars on the console and zipped tied em down.

Nice, as for my boot frame, we have this super glue that came back with our asian clients properties, It only says " super glue" in english, the rest is all characters. I tell you this stuff is like concrete. A guy at work accidently got his fingers stuck together and had to cut them apart. :crazy:

I used your method on my +98 console and it works very well.

Shift boot is on (thanks to Todras). Fitment and looks are great. E-brake boot will have to wait until I can get some new tabs for it as I don't want to just rig it.

Just finished installing mine. I had one cut in my ebrake boot that did not fit. I just cut it myself. That and its way way to long needs to be way shorter. Although I'm impressed with them especially for the price. I don't think I'll keep the arm rest on though doesn't jive. Hopefully it'll flow better when I get a cougar steering wheel. On to the pics. Wish I had time to clean inside before hand.

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

No radio????

I cant get the Pre98 Armrest cover stretched over for the life of me.... any pointers???

- amyn

Make sure your not putting it on backwards. It'll fit one way and not the other.

And nope that car doesn't need a radio. Or speakers or anything that was in the trunk etc. I have another tour for all of that.

Edit and since no one has done a MNB interior yet.

P1010018.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Yes, the new place has 3 bays. Just the little work I have been able to do puts a :eek: on my face. I have quite a more amount of things to do to get things off the ground and tools in the right place. Its just so fuggn hot out. We are still trying to unpack the house and get some furniture.

Im not sure when I got the cupholders, but I want to post a picture with them, the stock leather armrest and stock cup holder delete. All flows very well.

Yes, the new place has 3 bays. Just the little work I have been able to do puts a :eek: on my face. I have quite a more amount of things to do to get things off the ground and tools in the right place. Its just so fuggn hot out. We are still trying to unpack the house and get some furniture.

Im not sure when I got the cupholders, but I want to post a picture with them, the stock leather armrest and stock cup holder delete. All flows very well.

cool. yeah i know its blazing out. i start dripping with sweat literally at one turn of the wrench in my garage. crazy! looks like u're still busy and all. will it then be too much to ask for some help in putting this new 3L in:)? i have no deadline or anything. i'll proceed as i get help. hard to do this kinda thing by oneself. pleeeeeeaaase:)? looks like the bug isnt quite ready to hit the streets yet.

No, bug isnt even close. Not mine, I cant touch it :crazy: I stay busy, but call me. I will find time If I know in advance. As you know weekends are the best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back