• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got the SVT exhaust up...

Sounds great! You'll enjoy every minute of it, I know I do. :drool: :cool:

Even though I don't have the money, I'm still thinking about getting a SVT rear to get the stock look.

you will need something like 16" of pipe to mate up with the existing exhaist flange.

what was done in this case since the flax pipe was being replaced, the old flanges where used so that the exhaust would remain as a cat-back since the SVT exhaust already had the resonator removed and it was welded directly to the cat.

Is that a complete exhaust?
res and mufflers?

Just after the flex pipe there is a flange, and just after that flange, the exhaust piping opens up from the stock 2" from the Zetec to the 2 1/4" SVT exhaust. So it's essentially a cat-back...

Sounds great! You'll enjoy every minute of it, I know I do. :drool: :cool:

Even though I don't have the money, I'm still thinking about getting a SVT rear to get the stock look.

it would look goofy, having your rear bumper hang down more than the rest of the car... Get the side skirts along with it and since the pre98 stock bumper hangs down more than the post98 non SVT bumper, it would look a lot more stock.

Very nice upgrade. I'm going to be doing my own exhaust with some glass packs to see whether I like it or not. Not sure I will, but for the price, I couldn't beat it.

That's exactly what I said. I got the SVT exhaust for an EXCELLENT price, and I had to get my flex pipe replaced anyways, so I figured might as well do the extra few minutes of work and toss it on. Always do the cheap and easy ones first, right? Just make sure to post a video of your finished product :cool:

Very nice upgrade. I'm going to be doing my own exhaust with some glass packs to see whether I like it or not. Not sure I will, but for the price, I couldn't beat it.

I did my exhaust as cheaply as possible, I got a magnaflow resonator and replaced the muffler with a straight pipe and a magnaflow tip and tucked it up really nice and close to the bumper.

I did my exhaust as cheaply as possible, I got a magnaflow resonator and replaced the muffler with a straight pipe and a magnaflow tip and tucked it up really nice and close to the bumper.

I like that one. I'll be doing a few different setups, but for now, I'm sticking with some Holley glass packs, until I get the extra money for a different setup.

For the noobs.....

SVT exhaust, stock res and mufflers cut off....
Along with a CTA Motorsports Intake...

Cruise...

Punching It....

Revving it, bouncing off rev limiter...

Last edited:
Back