• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got some free runs on the dyno

svtpimp

New CEG'er
Well I dynoed my car at The Balancing Act in St.Catharines, ON. They use a Mustang Dyno. My mods are MSDS Headers & Y pipe and a cheap ebay intake which has a maf adapter smaller than the Maf itself :(. Im also having a problem with my secondaries staying on, so trq was crappy low end. Anyways my best was 154.4whp@6953 125.9wtrq@4642. Pretty lame trq figures.On a dynojet I guess that about be about 170whp/138trq. I have all new engine/trans mounts comming as mine as shot, shifting on the dyno was harsh. Anyways take it easy. Mike.

Last edited:
I think the Canadian error is a big part why your numbers are so low. :D

Might be time for a good UIM/LIM cleaning. What exhaust do you have?

I did 173/146 on a mustang dyno that has proven accurate with other cars. I think maybe they didn't have it set up well, your car has a pretty bad problem, or a combo of both. Maybe find another dyno to make sure.

I know my car is not running at its best right now. My engine/trans mounts are quite bad, I actually have a video of the engine torqing back and forth going through the gears. I am having a problem with my secondaries being open all the time, either by pcm, bad wiring which all that engine flex doesnt help or a bad input to the computer. No I didnt hookup the wideband as I was getting a free run at my brother in laws work. After I do the mounts and change the intake, and figure out my imrc issues I will be back and do a o2 reading then.

Back