• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got parts back from Collins!

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Got my parts back Friday afternoon as well as the parts I had sent in trade. New parts look good. Thanks Collins!

Not sure why the other thread got closed but things are looking up for those of us who had PC'd parts out.

well i'm glad your happy with your part! i got mine back too....needless to say i am not happy with it. its not the color we spoke about, well it is, its just that it has sooo many coats on it, that its a different color, it has runs all over it, tons of bad spots, and is just down right ugly! i got it back on friday, all happy before i opened the package! i open the damn thing up and my UIM is powdercoated PURPLE! i ask myself, wtf am i going to do with this?! the only part of the uim that i like, is the svt badge. that came out great(he redid that for me) this thing is just hideous and i now have to send it somewhere local to get it striped and redone, the right way! i have no other time to send it to someone far away, i need this damn thing done now. and now i will be asking randy for a partial refund. so much time and money wasted!

It's a miracle!! I'm happy you guys got your parts back. However it's too bad about the incredibly poor quality of his work.

Did he give you a reason for disappearing with your parts for so long? Not that any reason he could give would be legit.

You guys should post about your experiences in the Member Transaction Forum. To make sure nobody gives their hard earned money to this joker ever again.

yea i just don't want to bash this guy. i know hes in a tough spot and don't want to make it worse for him. but me personally...never again. there is no excuse is to why my uim came back to me as late as it was and in the condition it was returned to me in. just take a look!

mypics006.jpg

Hmmmmm - is that supposed to be dormant blue?

Glad you got the parts back. Leave comments in the feedback forum.

My parts looked better than your UIM but I've been more impressed with a certain other CEG'er who has done PC work for me in the past :)

My oil cap still doesn't look great... Oh well

I thought it was bizzare the thread was locked after 2 months and 6 pages. These poor guys were just trying get their parts back. :shrug:

Definately leave comments in the Member transaction forum. People should know what happend before sending him money.

Just an FYI (not that I should have to explain myself) - it was requested , by at least one other mod , that the other thread get locked , because it was making a bad turn . Feedback/complaints are meant to go in the feedback forum , not turn into a bash-fest in our local forum . I agree that the parts or a refund should've made it to the guys involved - and I'm glad at least things have progressed a bit . If you're not satisfied with the results , take it up with him & see if he'll make it right . Hopefully he'll be a stand-up guy & make it happen (and in a timely fashion) . If he's having issues & has made that known , at least contact has been made . If I was stuck without money/parts for a long time would I be upset ?? HECK yea !! But I am a very passive guy , and I believe that you get more with sugar than vinegar . Well I guess that's just how I roll (so to speak) . I hope things turn out as initially expected .

Anyway , that's why the last thread got locked . If this thread turns sour it will get locked too :idea: .

how the fug are we supposed to take it up with him, if he doesn't respond to phone calls, email, blah blah...i guess no one gives a shiz about that either...if you were me, you'd want to put someone in a hole in the desert!! its soo easy to say this and that. if you were waiting for 6 months for your parts back, you might be more pissed off than i am. i have done business with this guy before nd he did such a great job, that i never questioned it....yes my UIM looks purple...its supposed to be this color called JOLLIPOP blue. blue, that is, not purple...i'm not mad at anyone here, im just venting....i look at this thing and want to smash it on the ground. i just think we should all throw our cards on the table as to how people do business here...not just from this situation. if someone pays you...just do the damn thang!! and do it right! =)

SICILIANSVT82 said:
how the fug are we supposed to take it up with him, if he doesn't respond to phone calls, email, blah blah...i guess no one gives a shiz about that either...if you were me, you'd want to put someone in a hole in the desert!! its soo easy to say this and that. if you were waiting for 6 months for your parts back, you might be more pissed off than i am. i have done business with this guy before nd he did such a great job, that i never questioned it....yes my UIM looks purple...its supposed to be this color called JOLLIPOP blue. blue, that is, not purple...i'm not mad at anyone here, im just venting....i look at this thing and want to smash it on the ground. i just think we should all throw our cards on the table as to how people do business here...not just from this situation. if someone pays you...just do the damn thang!! and do it right! =)
Dude - don't jump on my stuff here . I replied to give a reason to why the other thread was locked up , not to get my nuts busted . I said that I agree that it was wrong that the parts took too long to get . You yourself (in the other thread) said you talked to him via e-mail several times in the last month (also refusing a refund from him) and in those posts saying he's having health issues - sounds like contact to ME :shrug: . You say you're not mad at anyone , yet you mention burying someone in the desert ... sounds like anger to me !

Those are just some observations .

What the heck do you want from me ?? I'm just doing what was requested from me by locking the thread . I felt the need (apparently stupidly) to tell why it was done - unappreciated . Next time , I'm just going to lock stuff up & butt out & be a silent moderator . I don't really want to give you crap over that reply , but c'mon , I was just tryin to keep things level headed .

This forum is not affiliated in any way with any member on this forum offering a service to other members. Sure, it's very enticing to publicly call the person out and have people take your side...but why is that necessary? If you do something like this with some company local to you or not, you need to take some sort of legal action. Whether it's to call the local authorities or that area or other routes...complaining on a forum will accomplish nothing but creating an awful image of someone. Especially when, from what I can gather, the man was experiencing some hardships or problems. I understand you all had money, time, and parts invested into the transaction, but I'd think you'd be a bit understanding when something happens to the person at the top of the transaction. Sure, I've been pissed or annoyed when something takes a lot longer than I was told or I get the finished product back and it's not close to what I expected...but things happen that are well beyond peoples control.

Dude - don't jump on my stuff here . I replied to give a reason to why the other thread was locked up , not to get my nuts busted . I said that I agree that it was wrong that the parts took too long to get . You yourself (in the other thread) said you talked to him via e-mail several times in the last month (also refusing a refund from him) and in those posts saying he's having health issues - sounds like contact to ME :shrug: . You say you're not mad at anyone , yet you mention burying someone in the desert ... sounds like anger to me !

Those are just some observations .

What the heck do you want from me ?? I'm just doing what was requested from me by locking the thread . I felt the need (apparently stupidly) to tell why it was done - unappreciated . Next time , I'm just going to lock stuff up & butt out & be a silent moderator . I don't really want to give you crap over that reply , but c'mon , I was just tryin to keep things level headed .

i know where your coming from, and believe me...i'm not serious about what i said...my anger has just got the best of me...the thing that really grinds my gears, is that i have to get my parts redone...thats all...i'm not trying to piss any of you guys off, i guess i'm mostly pissed at myself for allowing this to happen to me. i apologize if i got on your bad side, i mean no harm. its just so frustrating...this whole situation. so i'm sorry if i offended or angered anyone else in this whole process.

Back