• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got bent over for bushings today...

SVTMiG

CEG'er
So in doing some cleanup/scheduled maintenance, I was looking around under the hood... I've been wondering why performance was degraded, especially at the low end, but it was time for new plugs anyway. Found the linkage missing between the banks of secondary intake runner valves. I did find it in the valley...but the bushings had long since crumbled and blown away apparently.

So just an FYI for those in need, they are available and seemingly plentiful still...at $8-9 each from the stealer. Looking forward to having BOTH banks running properly again...

Oh, and BTW they pop out from between fingertips reall easily too! :crazy:

just noticed the bushing on my LIM has one of the 4 tiny tabs missing and the arm is sticking out ..... looks like I'd better replace it while I've got easy access.

any of that lube left over ? !!! .... G.

If you look one post down, you'll see the same information posted 1 or 2 days ago.

Why you're absolutely right! But maybe the next guy won't be looking for tabs and pins like I wasn't. If they look for linkage and bushings they might find this post or maybe even the one from last year as well.

Well I'm not going to argue with you, but if you type in IMRC bushing in the search, the first post most directly related just reading through titles, is the one I made and linked in the post directly below this one, it's the 7th down on page 2 and is titled IMRC rod bushings.

Back